[Q] Why pacman rom takes too long to boot

OP deepu28792

1st August 2013, 01:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 31

113 posts
More
i hv noticed this in every pacman rom that it takes too long to boot...i have to wait for atleast 2 minute to completely boot...after that also it takes 1 or 2 minute more to load the homescreen...is there any fix for that.???
Is there anyone who is facing the same problem..???

Sent from my Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
2nd August 2013, 08:29 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hell
Thanks Meter: 259

991 posts
More
Everyone will face this issue with this Rom. The time it takes for it to load depends on how much crap is loading when you start your phone which as you know pacman has a lot of mods like viper Rom . There are a couple of things you can do to speed things up providing you know what you're doing. You can disable the splash screen, overclock set on boot (don't recommend ), make sure you're not dexing on boot, uninstall any useless apps that fire on boot and free up any internal storage you can. Otherwise I might suggest not restarting your phone as up times of several weeks are easy to achieve

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsbeertimenow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2013, 04:04 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 635

1,683 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbeertimenow

Everyone will face this issue with this Rom. The time it takes for it to load depends on how much crap is loading when you start your phone which as you know pacman has a lot of mods like viper Rom . There are a couple of things you can do to speed things up providing you know what you're doing. You can disable the splash screen, overclock set on boot (don't recommend ), make sure you're not dexing on boot, uninstall any useless apps that fire on boot and free up any internal storage you can. Otherwise I might suggest not restarting your phone as up times of several weeks are easy to achieve

I don't think you can disable Splash screen lol. I think you mean disable the bootanimation??
3rd August 2013, 07:20 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

113 posts
More
also after disabling bootanimation it takes almost the same time to boot

3rd August 2013, 06:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Hell
Thanks Meter: 259

991 posts
More
Yeah I meant boot animation but you prolly shaved a 4 seconds off the boot time. Try the other items mentioned.

4th August 2013, 04:06 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

113 posts
More
and what do u mean by dexing at boot...??

31st March 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Booting Problem
On my Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 (YP-G70) after flashing the ROM and the US kernel and GApps, I left it overnight and it was still booting. (approx. 8 hrs.) Any fixes? (I flashed it back to CM 11 due to lack of patience)

Thanks,
DatamanTheGreat

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread