Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 39,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question to keep my unlimited plan.

Tip us?
 
madzozs
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 363
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default Question to keep my unlimited plan.

So I'm going to be adding my fiance onto my plan(currently a single line with unlimited data) and am able to keep my unlimited while just getting her a 2gb plan. My line has an upgrade available and I was hoping to take advantage of the BOGO deal for the M8 by purchasing a new one for her line, then swapping the new phone to my line and my upgrade to her line and getting the 2nd one that way. I was told that's a no go.

Is there anyway I can make use of that deal without adding a 3rd unneeded line? Or can I just buy her phone today with the new contract, switch my upgrade to her line in a few days and then go buy another one at the 2year contract price without me losing my unlimited?

Possibly doing this tonight or tomorrow, just wanted to see the best option.
 
jessbowring
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 150
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Saco
Quote:
Originally Posted by madzozs View Post
So I'm going to be adding my fiance onto my plan(currently a single line with unlimited data) and am able to keep my unlimited while just getting her a 2gb plan. My line has an upgrade available and I was hoping to take advantage of the BOGO deal for the M8 by purchasing a new one for her line, then swapping the new phone to my line and my upgrade to her line and getting the 2nd one that way. I was told that's a no go.

Is there anyway I can make use of that deal without adding a 3rd unneeded line? Or can I just buy her phone today with the new contract, switch my upgrade to her line in a few days and then go buy another one at the 2year contract price without me losing my unlimited?

Possibly doing this tonight or tomorrow, just wanted to see the best option.
You can't switch your upgrade to her line, you will lose data still I believe
HTC ONE M8 -Sonic S'offed, unlocked, rooted, Venom Rom
HTC ONE *BLUE* Sonic S'offed, unlocked, rooted, Venom Rom

Retired
Samsung Galaxy S3
Droid Bionic
HTC Thunderbolt
Droid X
 
madzozs
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 363
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessbowring View Post
You can't switch your upgrade to her line, you will lose data still I believe
So I'm just stuck with either buying it outright, or staying on my current phone? bummer. Thanks though.
 
justin94
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 659
Join Date: Oct 2010
You should be able to switch your upgrade to her line without messing with your unlimited. I think your best option would be to just ass 2 lines and get the bogo for them. This way u always have. that 3rd line available to bounce upgrades off of.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app
 
bsbuggs
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 171
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by madzozs View Post
So I'm going to be adding my fiance onto my plan(currently a single line with unlimited data) and am able to keep my unlimited while just getting her a 2gb plan. My line has an upgrade available and I was hoping to take advantage of the BOGO deal for the M8 by purchasing a new one for her line, then swapping the new phone to my line and my upgrade to her line and getting the 2nd one that way. I was told that's a no go.

Is there anyway I can make use of that deal without adding a 3rd unneeded line? Or can I just buy her phone today with the new contract, switch my upgrade to her line in a few days and then go buy another one at the 2year contract price without me losing my unlimited?

Possibly doing this tonight or tomorrow, just wanted to see the best option.
In order to do the switch it has to be done via my verizon web.....first add her new line ..get phone.....then on my verizon(after her phone is active and set up), do the transfer upgrade tab...transfer dorm your unlimited line to her line...order phone.....once phone arrives activate on her line for a little while....then switch to your line.....
The unlimited line will now have a new 2 year contract and unlimited will remain...
Win
 
runandhide05
Old
#6  
runandhide05's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2369
Posts: 2,723
Join Date: Apr 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessbowring View Post
You can't switch your upgrade to her line, you will lose data still I believe
Sorry mis-read entire question.
 
jessbowring
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 150
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Saco
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post
Sorry mis-read entire question.
When I asked about transferring my upgrade to my daughter's line they said I would still lose my data. Her line would get the phone but my contract would be extended and would lose my data with the new contract.
HTC ONE M8 -Sonic S'offed, unlocked, rooted, Venom Rom
HTC ONE *BLUE* Sonic S'offed, unlocked, rooted, Venom Rom

Retired
Samsung Galaxy S3
Droid Bionic
HTC Thunderbolt
Droid X
 
bsbuggs
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 171
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessbowring View Post
When I asked about transferring my upgrade to my daughter's line they said I would still lose my data. Her line would get the phone but my contract would be extended and would lose my data with the new contract.
That's why you don't ask....they are clueless the customer serv reps...I have done this 10 times....never lost unlimited....all has to be done in my verizon...site ..no reps involved..
 
lucky_strike33
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 350
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbuggs View Post

That's why you don't ask....they are clueless the customer serv reps...I have done this 10 times....never lost unlimited....all has to be done in my verizon...site ..no reps involved..
I tried to order the m8 on the verizon site and when I get to the order page it automatically sends me to a more everything plan and there is no stand alone plan to choose from. What am I doing wrong here?

I have 2 unlimited data lines already and want to add 2 more lines to take advantage of the buy one get one free m8s.
 
bsbuggs
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 171
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessbowring View Post
When I asked about transferring my upgrade to my daughter's line they said I would still lose my data. Her line would get the phone but my contract would be extended and would lose my data with the new contract.
Was you daughter on a smartphone line....
From my experience having the line as a dumb line --no smartphone on there makes the switch. Flawless the system sees the switch as new money coming in as a new smartphone plan...so if you were to reduce your daughters line to a dumb line..no data...then do the transfer upgrade from unlimited line to her now dumb line you then choose a new 2gb plan for Just her line...you will see all the changes just before you agree and place order...
Plan would look like....9.99 for the add a line( daughter)
29.99 for unlimited data ---you
Your minute plan lets say 700 just for example..50.00
Then another 29.99 for your daughters dats pln(new one)
Done...

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_strike33 View Post
I tried to order the m8 on the verizon site and when I get to the order page it automatically sends me to a more everything plan and there is no stand alone plan to choose from. What am I doing wrong here?

I have 2 unlimited data lines already and want to add 2 more lines to take advantage of the buy one get one free m8s.
Now when adding. Lines YOU should see an option to just add more lines to your nationwide plan and then each new phone would have its own 29.99. Each individual 2gb data pln...
I have had this happen to me before as well when adding new lines.....I stop and call customer service...as adding
Ones is a lot different than. Transferring upgrades....

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes