Google Play Newsstand 3.3 Brings Material Design Makeover

In a clear break from the previous practice of delivering nearly weekly Google … more

App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

Just got my M8, screen not powering on sometimes

8th April 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

344 posts
So I just left sprint for Verizon and got the M8. It was the last one in the area too, but the rep drove 20 miles to pick up the second one for my fiance. 5 times since I got it this afternoon the screen failed to power on when I used the power button or double screen tap. I had to do the pwr/vol button reboot to get my display working. One time was after a phone call. Has anyone else had this problem? I got the phone charging now, I don't know if a reset the phone it will fix it or if this is a hardware issue. If it's hardware I can't exchange it until they get more in. Any input if it's worth it trying a factory reset?
8th April 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bakersfield
Thanks Meter: 348

1,393 posts
More
Try a factory reset. Don't think it will fix it but why not try it. When you double tap the screen, does it vibrate even though the screen doesn't come on?

Sent from my S-Off HTC One M8
8th April 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

344 posts
Well I did a factory reset from the fastboot screen and it did it again after getting off a phone call. Guess I'll be getting it swapped out. I have horrible luck with these things.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread