XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just got my M8, screen not powering on sometimes

Tip us?

Varekai
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Just got my M8, screen not powering on sometimes

So I just left sprint for Verizon and got the M8. It was the last one in the area too, but the rep drove 20 miles to pick up the second one for my fiance. 5 times since I got it this afternoon the screen failed to power on when I used the power button or double screen tap. I had to do the pwr/vol button reboot to get my display working. One time was after a phone call. Has anyone else had this problem? I got the phone charging now, I don't know if a reset the phone it will fix it or if this is a hardware issue. If it's hardware I can't exchange it until they get more in. Any input if it's worth it trying a factory reset?

Evocm7
Old
Thanks Meter 348
Try a factory reset. Don't think it will fix it but why not try it. When you double tap the screen, does it vibrate even though the screen doesn't come on?

Sent from my S-Off HTC One M8

Varekai
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Well I did a factory reset from the fastboot screen and it did it again after getting off a phone call. Guess I'll be getting it swapped out. I have horrible luck with these things.