Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO][V500] Flashable zips to change between 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 Base

Tip us?
 
jsevi83
Old
(Last edited by jsevi83; 28th May 2014 at 09:33 AM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 50
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default [HOWTO][V500] Flashable zips to change between 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 Base

Here you have two flashable zips to easily change between 4.2.2 base and 4.4.2 base. The main purpose of these zips is to be able to change between 4.4.2 stock roms and AOSP based roms without having the brightness dim issue and without having to do a full upgrade/downgrade. Both files also install TWRP 2.7.0.1, each of them with their correct kernel.


V500-4.2.2-Base files: aboot.img, sbl1.img, sbl2.img, sbl3.img, modem.img, persist.img, rpm.img, tz.img and TWRP 2.7.0.1 with stock 4.2.2 kernel.

V500-4.4.2-Base files: aboot.img from 4.2.2 (so you can use custom recovery/rom), sbl1.img, sbl2.img, sbl3.img, modem.img, persist.img, rpm.img, tz.img and TWRP 2.7.0.1 with stock 4.4.2 kernel.



DOWNLOAD LINKS:

V500-4.2.2-Base: https://copy.com/13nkAvXGsGeI

V500-4.4.2-Base: https://copy.com/7LV6Pz18Jyt4



INSTRUCTIONS: If you aren't sure how to use these zips, READ THIS.



Credits:
@Drgravy for his 4.2.2 flashable zip.
@id10terror for his 4.4.2 flashable zip.
@annoyingduck for the detailed instructions.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to jsevi83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
yawako
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 75
Join Date: May 2013
Wow I may not have my Gpad yet but I think its getting easier now because of this base flashable zip. Thanks

This will automatically replace old version of TWRP if flash for the first time like this one?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2641409
LG G PAD 8.3: ROM:Stock 4.2.2 Kernel:Stock
LG Optimus G F180L to E975v10H EUR ROM:ARTMOD Kernel:Stock
Xperia Mini ST15i ROM:NextgenV8 Kernel:Kappa1.6
SGY GT-S5360 ROM:Hyperion9 Kernel:Stock Script:PurePerformanceXGE
 
Drgravy
Old
#3  
Drgravy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,431
Posts: 664
Join Date: Mar 2012
@jsevi83 Great Idea!
The Following User Says Thank You to Drgravy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
yawako
Old
(Last edited by yawako; 27th May 2014 at 03:07 PM.)
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 75
Join Date: May 2013
How can we exactly use this?
Just want to make sure nothings bad gonna happen

Im currently on LRS Kitkat and old TWRP. If I want to replace it with CM 4.4.2 ROM. I have to wipe the system then use 4.2.2 base then the full CM ROM?

Just found out that even the new TWRP 2.7.0.1 is still not compatible LRS ROM

Its possible to replace recovery.img with old TWRP or perhaps Philz CWM?
LG G PAD 8.3: ROM:Stock 4.2.2 Kernel:Stock
LG Optimus G F180L to E975v10H EUR ROM:ARTMOD Kernel:Stock
Xperia Mini ST15i ROM:NextgenV8 Kernel:Kappa1.6
SGY GT-S5360 ROM:Hyperion9 Kernel:Stock Script:PurePerformanceXGE
 
ptargino
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Joćo Pessoa
Yeah, I'm a little lost too on how to proceed. If you can post some detailed instructions, it'd be much appreciated
 
annoyingduck
Old
#6  
annoyingduck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,131
Posts: 2,690
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boston, MA Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by yawako View Post
How can we exactly use this?
Just want to make sure nothings bad gonna happen

Im currently on LRS Kitkat and old TWRP. If I want to replace it with CM 4.4.2 ROM. I have to wipe the system then use 4.2.2 base then the full CM ROM?

Just found out that even the new TWRP 2.7.0.1 is still not compatible LRS ROM

Its possible to replace recovery.img with old TWRP or perhaps Philz CWM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptargino View Post
Yeah, I'm a little lost too on how to proceed. If you can post some detailed instructions, it'd be much appreciated
It's pretty simple, If your on a 4.4 stock (not aosp) and want to flash an aosp 4.4 rom (which uses 4.2 bootstack) flash the 4.2 zip then reboot into recovery from recovery (important) and then flash your rom normally. If your on 4.2 stock or aosp and want to flash a 4.4 stock rom, flash the 4.4 zip then do the same by rebooting into recovery from recovery and flash away. Its important to reboot into recovery from recovery after flashing these because if you boot your current rom, the kernel and other boot partitions won't match - bad things will happen.
I try my best to help where I can. If I helped you, please click "Thanks" button.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to annoyingduck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jsevi83
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 50
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyingduck View Post
It's pretty simple, If your on a 4.4 stock (not aosp) and want to flash an aosp 4.4 rom (which uses 4.2 bootstack) flash the 4.2 zip then reboot into recovery from recovery (important) and then flash your rom normally. If your on 4.2 stock or aosp and want to flash a 4.4 stock rom, flash the 4.4 zip then do the same by rebooting into recovery from recovery and flash away. Its important to reboot into recovery from recovery after flashing these because if you boot your current rom, the kernel and other boot partitions won't match - bad things will happen.
Thanks, I added the instructions to the first post and mentioned you in the credits.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsevi83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
RyanEJ25
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 58
Join Date: Mar 2013
What do you meant boot into recovery from recovery?why boot into it twice? Im on stock 4.2 and want to flash 4.4
 
erwaso
Old
#9  
erwaso's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 302
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Side
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsevi83 View Post
Thanks, I added the instructions to the first post and mentioned you in the credits.
ok, so i did the thing where bad things happen, i tried flashing the 4.4.2 one thinking i had 4.2.2 and now its bootloop hell. Goes to teamwin screen then it auto runs "Running Open recovery script" then bootloops again. Hard reset does not work, just goes back into loop.

How can i undo the stupidity? thanks
LG GPad rooted
AT&T LG Optimus G rooted
Sprint Galaxy S3 (work) not allowed to root
 
jsevi83
Old
#10  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 50
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanEJ25 View Post
What do you meant boot into recovery from recovery?why boot into it twice? Im on stock 4.2 and want to flash 4.4
Boot into recovery, flash the chosen base zip, then press the reboot button and then recovery, this way it reboots into recovery again and the changes are applied. Then you flash the rom you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
ok, so i did the thing where bad things happen, i tried flashing the 4.4.2 one thinking i had 4.2.2 and now its bootloop hell. Goes to teamwin screen then it auto runs "Running Open recovery script" then bootloops again. Hard reset does not work, just goes back into loop.

How can i undo the stupidity? thanks
It depends on what rom you want to have. If you want stock 4.4.2, flash any of the zips found in the forum (like the flashable V50020B), it will also change the base. If you want CM11 or any other AOSP based rom, flash the 4.2.2-base.zip, reboot into recovery again and then flash the zip of the rom.

The Following User Says Thank You to jsevi83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes