[HOWTO][V500] Flashable zips to change between 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 Base

25th May 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 41

50 posts
Here you have two flashable zips to easily change between 4.2.2 base and 4.4.2 base. The main purpose of these zips is to be able to change between 4.4.2 stock roms and AOSP based roms without having the brightness dim issue and without having to do a full upgrade/downgrade. Both files also install TWRP 2.7.0.1, each of them with their correct kernel.

V500-4.2.2-Base files: aboot.img, sbl1.img, sbl2.img, sbl3.img, modem.img, persist.img, rpm.img, tz.img and TWRP 2.7.0.1 with stock 4.2.2 kernel.

V500-4.4.2-Base files: aboot.img from 4.2.2 (so you can use custom recovery/rom), sbl1.img, sbl2.img, sbl3.img, modem.img, persist.img, rpm.img, tz.img and TWRP 2.7.0.1 with stock 4.4.2 kernel.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

V500-4.2.2-Base: https://copy.com/13nkAvXGsGeI

V500-4.4.2-Base: https://copy.com/7LV6Pz18Jyt4

INSTRUCTIONS: If you aren't sure how to use these zips, READ THIS.

Credits:
@Drgravy for his 4.2.2 flashable zip.
@id10terror for his 4.4.2 flashable zip.
@annoyingduck for the detailed instructions.
Last edited by jsevi83; 28th May 2014 at 09:33 AM.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to jsevi83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

75 posts
More
Wow I may not have my Gpad yet but I think its getting easier now because of this base flashable zip. Thanks

This will automatically replace old version of TWRP if flash for the first time like this one?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2641409
25th May 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,650

748 posts
More
@jsevi83 Great Idea!
The Following User Says Thank You to Drgravy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

75 posts
More
How can we exactly use this?
Just want to make sure nothings bad gonna happen

Im currently on LRS Kitkat and old TWRP. If I want to replace it with CM 4.4.2 ROM. I have to wipe the system then use 4.2.2 base then the full CM ROM?

Just found out that even the new TWRP 2.7.0.1 is still not compatible LRS ROM

Its possible to replace recovery.img with old TWRP or perhaps Philz CWM?
Last edited by yawako; 27th May 2014 at 03:07 PM.
28th May 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #5  
Flag Joćo Pessoa
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
Yeah, I'm a little lost too on how to proceed. If you can post some detailed instructions, it'd be much appreciated
28th May 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #6  
Flag Boston, MA Area
Thanks Meter: 1,147

2,694 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yawako

How can we exactly use this?
Just want to make sure nothings bad gonna happen

Im currently on LRS Kitkat and old TWRP. If I want to replace it with CM 4.4.2 ROM. I have to wipe the system then use 4.2.2 base then the full CM ROM?

Just found out that even the new TWRP 2.7.0.1 is still not compatible LRS ROM

Its possible to replace recovery.img with old TWRP or perhaps Philz CWM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptargino

Yeah, I'm a little lost too on how to proceed. If you can post some detailed instructions, it'd be much appreciated

It's pretty simple, If your on a 4.4 stock (not aosp) and want to flash an aosp 4.4 rom (which uses 4.2 bootstack) flash the 4.2 zip then reboot into recovery from recovery (important) and then flash your rom normally. If your on 4.2 stock or aosp and want to flash a 4.4 stock rom, flash the 4.4 zip then do the same by rebooting into recovery from recovery and flash away. Its important to reboot into recovery from recovery after flashing these because if you boot your current rom, the kernel and other boot partitions won't match - bad things will happen.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to annoyingduck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyingduck

It's pretty simple, If your on a 4.4 stock (not aosp) and want to flash an aosp 4.4 rom (which uses 4.2 bootstack) flash the 4.2 zip then reboot into recovery from recovery (important) and then flash your rom normally. If your on 4.2 stock or aosp and want to flash a 4.4 stock rom, flash the 4.4 zip then do the same by rebooting into recovery from recovery and flash away. Its important to reboot into recovery from recovery after flashing these because if you boot your current rom, the kernel and other boot partitions won't match - bad things will happen.

Thanks, I added the instructions to the first post and mentioned you in the credits.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsevi83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #8  
Orange County
Thanks Meter: 16

64 posts
More
What do you meant boot into recovery from recovery?why boot into it twice? Im on stock 4.2 and want to flash 4.4
29th May 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #9  
Flag West Side
Thanks Meter: 24

307 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsevi83

Thanks, I added the instructions to the first post and mentioned you in the credits.

ok, so i did the thing where bad things happen, i tried flashing the 4.4.2 one thinking i had 4.2.2 and now its bootloop hell. Goes to teamwin screen then it auto runs "Running Open recovery script" then bootloops again. Hard reset does not work, just goes back into loop.

How can i undo the stupidity? thanks
29th May 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanEJ25

What do you meant boot into recovery from recovery?why boot into it twice? Im on stock 4.2 and want to flash 4.4

Boot into recovery, flash the chosen base zip, then press the reboot button and then recovery, this way it reboots into recovery again and the changes are applied. Then you flash the rom you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwaso

ok, so i did the thing where bad things happen, i tried flashing the 4.4.2 one thinking i had 4.2.2 and now its bootloop hell. Goes to teamwin screen then it auto runs "Running Open recovery script" then bootloops again. Hard reset does not work, just goes back into loop.

How can i undo the stupidity? thanks

It depends on what rom you want to have. If you want stock 4.4.2, flash any of the zips found in the forum (like the flashable V50020B), it will also change the base. If you want CM11 or any other AOSP based rom, flash the 4.2.2-base.zip, reboot into recovery again and then flash the zip of the rom.

The Following User Says Thank You to jsevi83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread