Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,276 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Asurion and tripping KNOX..

Tip us?
 
_A1
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2014
Question [Q] Asurion and tripping KNOX..

Should I have any problems with Asurion, if I trip KNOX? I know that I get a replacement before I send back my device. I just want to make sure that don't hit me some crazy charge, if they ever do find out. I might just bite the bullet and go root w/ tripping KNOX (already on 4.4.2).
 
mjs2011
Old
#2  
mjs2011's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1677
Posts: 4,307
Join Date: May 2011
If you're really worried, just throw your phone in a lake and open up a claim.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mjs2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
_A1
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2014
Lol, so true. I bit the bullet anyway.
Rooted w/ knox tripped and my phone runs much better!
No ads ftw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
If you're really worried, just throw your phone in a lake and open up a claim.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
DreamingWolf
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 145
Posts: 306
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my cerebral cortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by _A1 View Post
Should I have any problems with Asurion, if I trip KNOX? I know that I get a replacement before I send back my device. I just want to make sure that don't hit me some crazy charge, if they ever do find out. I might just bite the bullet and go root w/ tripping KNOX (already on 4.4.2).
Knox applies to Sprint Warranty. Assurant is purchased insurance. Different ball of wax that Knox does not impact. You just can't take the phone to a Sprint repair center without paying for everything. All repair/replacement issues will have to go through Assurant instead.
~DWolf
Certifiable flashaholic, tweak addict, noob coder and desperate to learn.
3StepApproach:
1. Read the XDA Philosophy | XDA WIKI | Forum Rules
2. Find and learn to use the search button (HINT - search the top right quadrant of any forum page)
3. Always remember to hit the THANKS button when someone has been helpful.
 
DEEBS808
Old
#5  
DEEBS808's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 82
Join Date: Aug 2012
I thought the same. So I accidentally had it fall to the ground a few times haha
 
kaos420
Old
#6  
kaos420's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1584
Posts: 3,028
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: dantes inferno

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingWolf View Post
Knox applies to Sprint Warranty. Assurant is purchased insurance. Different ball of wax that Knox does not impact. You just can't take the phone to a Sprint repair center without paying for everything. All repair/replacement issues will have to go through Assurant instead.
Knox does not apply to sprint warranty. It applies to samsung. Sprint could care less. You are misinformed. As long as you flash stock firmware to diagnose issues your golden.

Sent From My 0x1 Note 3.i love tep....
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
 
_A1
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2014
I walked into my local sprint store and they act like they never heard of KNOX.. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420 View Post
Knox does not apply to sprint warranty. It applies to samsung. Sprint could care less. You are misinformed. As long as you flash stock firmware to diagnose issues your golden.

Sent From My 0x1 Note 3.i love tep....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _A1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kaos420
Old
#8  
kaos420's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1584
Posts: 3,028
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: dantes inferno

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _A1 View Post
I walked into my local sprint store and they act like they never heard of KNOX.. lol
My point brother. Worse that happens tech flashes latest tar to your phone. At the most. Usually they just exchange

Sent From My 0x1 Note 3.i love tep....
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
 
DreamingWolf
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 145
Posts: 306
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my cerebral cortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420 View Post
Knox does not apply to sprint warranty. It applies to samsung. Sprint could care less. You are misinformed. As long as you flash stock firmware to diagnose issues your golden.

Sent From My 0x1 Note 3.i love tep....
Then I was misinformed by the tech in the Sprint repair center. Your area may be different, but in the Milwaukee area the Sprint repair centers won't touch your phone if they can tell it's been rooted. You either go through asurion, pay full price for the repair, or buy a new phone. You are misinformed about whether Sprint cares. Your local tech might not, but the company does.
~DWolf
Certifiable flashaholic, tweak addict, noob coder and desperate to learn.
3StepApproach:
1. Read the XDA Philosophy | XDA WIKI | Forum Rules
2. Find and learn to use the search button (HINT - search the top right quadrant of any forum page)
3. Always remember to hit the THANKS button when someone has been helpful.
 
kaos420
Old
(Last edited by kaos420; 11th March 2014 at 12:46 AM.)
#10  
kaos420's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1584
Posts: 3,028
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: dantes inferno

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingWolf View Post
Then I was misinformed by the tech in the Sprint repair center. Your area may be different, but in the Milwaukee area the Sprint repair centers won't touch your phone if they can tell it's been rooted. You either go through asurion, pay full price for the repair, or buy a new phone. You are misinformed about whether Sprint cares. Your local tech might not, but the company does.
It's written in stone as a sprint policy if he refuses to touch it call corporate. Hes in violation of sprints policy. Your wrong sprint doesn't care it's your tech being a punk.
http://www.talkandroid.com/106496-cu...and+Updates%29
Sent From My 0x1 Note 3.i love tep....
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes