NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] When will the M8 get a discount?

OP Bammeh

1st April 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #1  
Bammeh's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
I know when I bought my m7 back in August or so, I only paid $115 with a new, 2 year contract. But, If I remember correctly, some time before that they were super cheap with a new 2 year contract?

Does anyone know about how many months after launch these things usually happen?
1st April 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
115 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammeh

I know when I bought my m7 back in August or so, I only paid $115 with a new, 2 year contract. But, If I remember correctly, some time before that they were super cheap with a new 2 year contract?

Does anyone know about how many months after launch these things usually happen?

Some private phone resellers or retailers have their own instore offers and promotions. But when I went to the Verizon Store to get the HTC Dot View case they had a Buy one M8 get one M8 free offer for 2 year extensions and new contracts, if I'm not mistaken,,,
1st April 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #3  
Bammeh's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Yeah, I saw that and I'm wishing AT&T had that as well. But, I only need it for one line. I'd be paying for a line that would never be used lol
7th April 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #4  
Bammeh's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Anyone else perturbed that AT&T still doesn't have a carrier discount yet?
8th April 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 775
 
1,574 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Donate to Me
AT&T is doing the next promo@m8 for $0....
8th April 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #6  
Bammeh's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders_Never_Cease

AT&T is doing the next promo@m8 for $0....

Do you mean the AT&T NEXT program? Or the next promo will be for $0?
8th April 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #7  
WhiteSRT69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Budd Lake
Thanks Meter: 82
 
303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammeh

Do you mean the AT&T NEXT program? Or the next promo will be for $0?

yes Next Program, see if you qualify for an Early upgrade if you use the Next Program
thats what i did to get my M8
8th April 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #8  
Bammeh's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSRT69

yes Next Program, see if you qualify for an Early upgrade if you use the Next Program
thats what i did to get my M8

Eh, I'd rather not pay $24-$32 a month for the phone. I'd rather just pay the $200(or less I hope) and stay in my 2 year contract lol

Thanks, though!
8th April 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #9  
WhiteSRT69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Budd Lake
Thanks Meter: 82
 
303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammeh

Eh, I'd rather not pay $24-$32 a month for the phone. I'd rather just pay the $200(or less I hope) and stay in my 2 year contract lol

Thanks, though!

yea thats how i felt... but i pay the same amount as my old style plan with AT&T.. only downfall is i get 1 less gb of data.. which isnt the end of the world for me
8th April 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #10  
Bammeh's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSRT69

yea thats how i felt... but i pay the same amount as my old style plan with AT&T.. only downfall is i get 1 less gb of data.. which isnt the end of the world for me

Ah, see I still have "unlimited" data. I'd love to keep that and stuff.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes