OP freebee269

31st March 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 432

897 posts
Donate to Me
More
i was having a problem with kitkat roms not being able to do mms. i could get sms and even have data but mms would not send or recieve. i finally went back to scratch and did 1 thing at a time til my mms would stop working. come to find out, it is busybox pro (stericson). if i used smart install in busybox pro (which i had been for most everything), then my mms would stop working. smart install is aggressive and it symlinks just about everything on your phone. just uninstalling busybox pro would not fix it as it had already altered whatever it was that stopped my mms from working and uninstalling it didnt revert it back right. lg flashtooling back to kitkat firmware is the only way i could get things back to stock. so doing the normal install in busybox pro only symlinks the essentials and this does not mess up my mms.

just posting this here in case anyone else is having kitkat mms issues and happen to be doing what i was doing also. hope this info helps someone out.
1st April 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 102

52 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebee269

i was having a problem with kitkat roms not being able to do mms. i could get sms and even have data but mms would not send or recieve. i finally went back to scratch and did 1 thing at a time til my mms would stop working. come to find out, it is busybox pro (stericson). if i used smart install in busybox pro (which i had been for most everything), then my mms would stop working. smart install is aggressive and it symlinks just about everything on your phone. just uninstalling busybox pro would not fix it as it had already altered whatever it was that stopped my mms from working and uninstalling it didnt revert it back right. lg flashtooling back to kitkat firmware is the only way i could get things back to stock. so doing the normal install in busybox pro only symlinks the essentials and this does not mess up my mms.

just posting this here in case anyone else is having kitkat mms issues and happen to be doing what i was doing also. hope this info helps someone out.

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread