Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,934 Members 51,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Scratches over camera lens?

Tip us?

Fahad M.
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Scratches over camera lens?

Is there anyone here besides me having these tiny scratches on camera lens? i really doubt that claim of LG that the camera lens is protected with sapphire glass. my phone is totally scratchless even after 2 months of use without any protector, but only the camera lens has got the scratches which is funny as well as annoying or me. though it doesnt make any affect on the camera quality after all but still its so confusing for me that why is it having scratches.

Please see the picture and suggest the way out to remove these scratches or what would be the reason behind them, i have used my set with utmost care.

charlie95113
Old
Thanks Meter 180
I have these issues

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Not only that but after time it will get worst eventually all pictures seem to have a nice blur glowing affect

shiftnd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Oooh, those are serious scratches. Did you run an angle grinder on that? I have one thin scratch with normal use after 6 months

charlie95113
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396246861046.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	2660046

Fahad M.
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftnd View Post
Oooh, those are serious scratches. Did you run an angle grinder on that? I have one thin scratch with normal use after 6 months
i have done nothing wrong, i wear comfort fit jeans mostly which are very loose, nothing in my pocket it is really annoying that on one hand LG claims that its a sapphire glass and on the other hand i have these scratches.

chaki-
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Boy those are some scratches indeed. Can it be it's due to sand or something?
For 6 months i have spotless glass on the camera.

Maybe Levi Strauss should sue Apple too. He came up with the single button concept on pants first. Apple copied him...........

HTC - was great
Moto - is good'ish
LG G2- the best phone i had (for now)

Billy Madison
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie95113 View Post
THAT is not normal, go RMA your G2

Fahad M.
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
i have found a better way, the picture quality of my phone was not runied till now, i have applied a transparent sticker on the camera lens and the quality is more or less the same. xD its protected now means the scratches wont increase in number, but still...LG whats this :S

ocdetails
Old
Thanks Meter 21
It's a little late for this advice now, but a case would have prevented those. The camera is not quite flush with the back, but pretty close. Setting the phone down on the back or having it slide up against anything abrasive could account for scratches like that. Even being in your pocket can cause that kind of stuff. The lens on my last phone rendered the whole camera useless because of the scratches and that lens never saw anything but the inside of my pocket or open air. Unless you have microfiber lined pockets then you can't really say they aren't scratching your lens. Those don't look like normal pocket scratches though. They almost look like someone tried wiping fingerprints off the lens with something that was too coarse. Maybe a zipper hit it or something like that. Anyway, a case would set the lens a little deeper and away from things that could hurt it. I'm thinking that going forward if you want to prevent more damage then you should look into something like that.
T-Mobile iAKA (iPhone Ass Kicking Android)
(also known as the LG G2)

EVO 3D
Hardwired and mounted in my car to be used solely for running the Torque app. Best use for an EVO I've ever found.

HTC G2
I still find uses for this phone even though I switched to another G2 in January '14. That thing was a tank and I loved it!

QUIT STARING AT MY AVATAR!!

MADNJPN
Old
Thanks Meter 49
This is the only thing preventing me from buying this phone : (