Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 48,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Firmware update failure

Tip us?

StephenLeo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Firmware update failure

Hello, I purchased a used Galaxy gear and it has already been rooted, I have done a reset to factory settings but it still comes back as being rooted. My phone is rooted also so im ok with the watch being rooted but the only problem is that watch will not update to the latest firmware, it keeps going to firmware failed. How do i update to the latest firmware? Do i need to unroot the phone? and if so whats the best and easiest way to? If i can still update to the latest firmware with it still being rooted, how? Thanks!

crazysuraj
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenLeo View Post
Hello, I purchased a used Galaxy gear and it has already been rooted, I have done a reset to factory settings but it still comes back as being rooted. My phone is rooted also so im ok with the watch being rooted but the only problem is that watch will not update to the latest firmware, it keeps going to firmware failed. How do i update to the latest firmware? Do i need to unroot the phone? and if so whats the best and easiest way to? If i can still update to the latest firmware with it still being rooted, how? Thanks!
The problem can be because of rooting your phone.
You can flash back to your Stock rom, the problem will be solved
Press if I Helped...
The Following User Says Thank You to crazysuraj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StephenLeo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysuraj View Post
The problem can be because of rooting your phone.
You can flash back to your Stock rom, the problem will be solved
Thanks, I actually connected it via PC and used KIES 3 and the update went just fine!! Now I am thinking about rather or not to update to Tizen... suggestions?

StephenLeo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also, after doing the update, it's no longer rooted. I didn't really use it for root purposes though.. I may reroot it late on or update it to Tizen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app