Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Firmware update failure

OP StephenLeo

1st June 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hello, I purchased a used Galaxy gear and it has already been rooted, I have done a reset to factory settings but it still comes back as being rooted. My phone is rooted also so im ok with the watch being rooted but the only problem is that watch will not update to the latest firmware, it keeps going to firmware failed. How do i update to the latest firmware? Do i need to unroot the phone? and if so whats the best and easiest way to? If i can still update to the latest firmware with it still being rooted, how? Thanks!
3rd June 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #2  
Flag Somewhere in India
Thanks Meter: 51

224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenLeo

Hello, I purchased a used Galaxy gear and it has already been rooted, I have done a reset to factory settings but it still comes back as being rooted. My phone is rooted also so im ok with the watch being rooted but the only problem is that watch will not update to the latest firmware, it keeps going to firmware failed. How do i update to the latest firmware? Do i need to unroot the phone? and if so whats the best and easiest way to? If i can still update to the latest firmware with it still being rooted, how? Thanks!

The problem can be because of rooting your phone.
You can flash back to your Stock rom, the problem will be solved
The Following User Says Thank You to crazysuraj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysuraj

The problem can be because of rooting your phone.
You can flash back to your Stock rom, the problem will be solved

Thanks, I actually connected it via PC and used KIES 3 and the update went just fine!! Now I am thinking about rather or not to update to Tizen... suggestions?
5th June 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Also, after doing the update, it's no longer rooted. I didn't really use it for root purposes though.. I may reroot it late on or update it to Tizen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread