Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have successfully created my own bypass to get viper4android to work. Always create a full backup before attempting =)

1. Download viper4android APK
    2. Download Root Explorer from the playstore
    3. Install Both Apps
    4. Launch Root Explorer
    5. In root explorer go to /system/lib/soundfx and copy the folder to /data/ (make a soundfx folder)
    6. Also copy /system/etc/audio_effects.conf to the /data/soundfx/ folder
    7. Using root explorers menu you can create a shortcut (symbolic link) make a shortcut of the /data/soundfx/ folder and a shortcut of the /data/soundfx/audio_effects.conf
    8. Boot into TWRP
    9.Mount the system partition
    10. Rename /system/lib/soundfx to /system/lib/soundfx2
    11. Copy soundfx shortcut create earlier to /system/lib/ it will look like a "file" to TWRP
    12.Rename the /system/etc/audio_effects.conf to /system/etc/audio_effects.conf1
    13. Copy the audio_effects shortcut into /system/etc/ (be sure its name matches the old exactly)
    15. Reboot
    16. Launch Viper and install driver

I haven't dealt with LPA yet (hasn't had an issue) nor have I done any other modifications at this time which are avail on the viper4android thread.

I was just thinking about symbolic links to get around this S-OFF/ON issue and it appears they work and technically as a workaround we could symbolically link everything in system to another location and access it all. This could easily be put into ROM builds now at least as well!

Build.Prop may be useful to move out via sym link as well
    you can try and copy the app or push it in recovery to System/app. if you put it manually in not push via adb be sure to set the right permissions if the recovery doesn't set them automatically ! it should work even without s-off

done ... went to twrp recovery,
    moved "com.vipercn.viper4android_v2-1.apk" from ""/data/app" to "/system/priv-app"
    moved "com.vipercn.viper4anddroid_v2-1/libV4AJniUtils.so" from to "/data/app-lib" to "/system/lib/"

should be working fine, havent extensively tested it out yet though,
    reported as a system app, and viper driver is running.
    It's not a matter of being s-on or s-off.. It's a matter of having write protection removed then you can do all of that. S-off just allows you to flash any partition on the device.. (radio, hboot etc..) plus you can flash any ruu you want as long as you change to supercid

There is a kernel module in dev and it's working great on my device.
    worked with htc 816 running indian stock, which still has no s-off at the moment,
    had to go to twrp recovery terminal command, to make the symbolic links or move directories....
    viper4android made a lot of difference in this particular model.
    the next thing would be to make viper4a a system app, since it tended to close and thus lower the volume, usually after some time.

you can try and copy the app or push it in recovery to System/app. if you put it manually in not push via adb be sure to set the right permissions if the recovery doesn't set them automatically ! it should work even without s-off