Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] iphone VIP feature for Android

Tip us?

2revup
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] iphone VIP feature for Android

I am sure this topic has been raised before but I just cant find anything. Anyone that has had an iphone before may be aware of the VIP feature which is nicely intergrated with the mail app. If a contact is a VIP the email is presented as a popup on the lock and home screen. I have been looking high and low for something like this, either in a mail app that has exchange active sync capabilities or an secondary app, for example a great example of such an app is popup notifier (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ificationslite) but its filtering simply sucks. In other words its all or nothing you can not nominate contacts to see notifications from.

Does anyone know of such an app, free or otherwise its something that I live by.

2revup
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
for anyone looking for this enotify seems to do the job ok - does not work with active-sync (exchange) but has EWS and IMAP.

panman1964
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2revup View Post
I am sure this topic has been raised before but I just cant find anything. Anyone that has had an iphone before may be aware of the VIP feature which is nicely intergrated with the mail app. If a contact is a VIP the email is presented as a popup on the lock and home screen. I have been looking high and low for something like this, either in a mail app that has exchange active sync capabilities or an secondary app, for example a great example of such an app is popup notifier (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ificationslite) but its filtering simply sucks. In other words its all or nothing you can not nominate contacts to see notifications from.

Does anyone know of such an app, free or otherwise its something that I live by.
I use Touchdown for my corporate mail. Not quite what you're looking for feature wise but it does have one neat trick up it's sleeve I find useful. You can create a client rule (based on subject, sender etc) that speaks who it's from & optionally the subject line.

I regularly do on call so find it useful to get an audible alert if mails arrive into a specific folder or from a specific set of users.

Also if I connect my phone to my motorycle helmet via my Garmin and put it in Car Mode I also get audible alerts if I'm on the road.