FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

should i buy an L or M ?(m is 100$cheaper)

398 posts
Thanks Meter: 202
 
By zeyad xu, Senior Member on 1st April 2014, 07:24 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
what do you think guys
is the m worth getting ?
or should i wait and save some money for the L
 
 
1st April 2014, 07:39 AM |#2  
paper13579's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag dublin
Thanks Meter: 264
 
More
Well zeyad, in my opinion, i think that both phones are just as good as each other. Since the xperia m recently got a firmware update to 4.3, it has just been fantastic. If you look at it in terms of development, both phones are in the low activity section, i dont know why, but it just seems that way. So i would personally recommend the xperia m as it is 100$ cheaper, with no difference to the xperia l (except screen size and camera i think), and you definitely get value for your money.

Hope this helped

Sent from my C2005 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to paper13579 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 07:53 AM |#3  
zeyad xu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 202
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paper13579

Well zeyad, in my opinion, i think that both phones are just as good as each other. Since the xperia m recently got a firmware update to 4.3, it has just been fantastic. If you look at it in terms of development, both phones are in the low activity section, i dont know why, but it just seems that way. So i would personally recommend the xperia m as it is 100$ cheaper, with no difference to the xperia l (except screen size and camera i think), and you definitely get value for your money.

Hope this helped

Sent from my C2005 using xda app-developers app

i bought the z1 compact anyway ..
april fools:
i will try as much as i can to get the L since it has a bigger screen and a faster chipset and a bigger storage and a better camera
the m here is 280$
the l here is 350$
so much overpriced the two of them
1st April 2014, 05:15 PM |#4  
mbc07's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 569
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeyad xu

i will try as much as i can to get the L since it has a bigger screen and a faster chipset and a bigger storage and a better camera

Xperia L really have a bigger screen, bigger storage and better camera, but the chipset isn't faster. Same GPU (Adreno 305) and same CPU (dual-core Krait running at 1GHz)...
The Following User Says Thank You to mbc07 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 05:18 PM |#5  
zeyad xu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 202
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbc07

Xperia L really have a bigger screen, bigger storage and better camera, but the chipset isn't faster. Same GPU (Adreno 305) and same CPU (dual-core Krait running at 1GHz)...

the m's chipset is MSM8227
the l's chipset is MSM8230
see
1st April 2014, 05:26 PM |#6  
mbc07's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 569
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeyad xu

the m's chipset is MSM8227
the l's chipset is MSM8230
see

Have you looked full specs of these chipsets? The difference between the two is that the MSM8230 from Xperia L support camera modules with higher MP and has 1080p encoding (needed because of the better 8MP camera with 1080p recording that Xperia L got). But if you look at the detailed GPU and CPU specs, the speeds are the same as Xperia M. Yes, the MSM8230 has models clocked higher at 1.2GHz, but this isn't the case for Xperia L, clocked at 1GHz...
The Following User Says Thank You to mbc07 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 05:33 PM |#7  
zeyad xu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 202
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbc07

Have you looked full specs of these chipsets? The difference between the two is that the MSM8230 from Xperia L support camera modules with higher MP and has 1080p encoding (needed because of the better 8MP camera with 1080p recording that Xperia L got). But if you look at the detailed GPU and CPU specs, the speeds are the same as Xperia M. Yes, the MSM8230 has models clocked higher at 1.2GHz, but this isn't the case for Xperia L, clocked at 1GHz...

anyway
i will get an l
i will save money to buy it
The Following User Says Thank You to zeyad xu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 11:29 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag Cingoli
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I would get the M, it's brilliant with the latest firmware.
The L is buggy as hell.
2nd April 2014, 01:45 AM |#9  
SK:)'s Avatar
Member
Flag Madurai
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
If you really have money to buy xperia l, i suggest you, try to get a used Xperia sp in good condition, check its specs and also development in xda.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 06:46 AM |#10  
zeyad xu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 202
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK:)

If you really have money to buy xperia l, i suggest you, try to get a used Xperia sp in good condition, check its specs and also development in xda.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

the sp is expensive in my country due to taxes
it's price is 500$
the l is 350$
the p is 400$
the m is 280$
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes