[Q] New User! Please tell me if I got this right about 4.3!!!

Search This thread

eurohunter

Jan 5, 2012
Hi, I just got my Galaxy s3 today from virgin mobile (SPH-L710) already updated to 4.3. I really want to flash custom ROMs, and I was reading the forums about the rooting and custom recoveries, and please correct me if I am wrong in any of the steps so i don't mess up my lovely new S3!

--K1mu found a method for safe rooting, meaning the Knox will not be flagged, and once we get root we can disable knox services (no warranty voided)

--Bootloader is already unlocked for the sprint model (SPH-L710), and is locked for other carriers such as AT&T and Verizon (for which they use safestrap)

--Since bootloader is unlocked for this model, I can install custom recoveries and custom roms as long as i dont install versions below 4.3.
for example i can install roms such as:
[ROM][4.3][TW] BareBones v2.3(3-28-14)
[ROM][MK3] PROJECT X v4.3 [Team Rejectz][3/24/14]
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][AOSP][KK][27/03] **C-RoM** -4.4.2- -v5.6!

But NOT ROMs such as:
[ROM][4.2.2] MIUI V5 4.2.14 d2spr
[ROM][4.2.2] [UNOFFICIAL] Dirty Unicorns v3.6 [7/30] (HALO!)
since they are below 4.3

--My warranty is still not voided due to the disabling of knox right after rooting.

Thank you very much

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
You can flash any ROM zip, unless otherwise noted. You can't downgrade the bootloader below 4.3, which is done via ODIN, flashing a tar file that is under 4.3. Tar files flash every partition including bootloader. You will have to remove assert lines from ROM itself to keep from getting errors in recovery. Also use Philz advanced cwm recovery for best results.

sent from my Gs3

Last edited:
Reactions: eurohunter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can flash any ROM zip, unless otherwise noted. You can't downgrade the bootloader below 4.3, which is done via ODIN, flashing a tar file that is under 4.3. Tar files flash every partition including bootloader. You will have to remove assert lines from ROM itself to keep from getting errors in recovery. Also use Philz advanced cwm recovery for best results.

sent from my Gs3