Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to edit ROM to re-enable APN Settings (ISW13HT - KDDI HTC J)

OP fish101022

7th May 2013, 08:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I have a rooted ISW13HT (HTC J by KDDI in Japan) and I can switch to the HK radio for traveling overseas and unlocking the sim, however for mobile operators who require an APN, it doesn't work in the default ROM. For whatever reason, in the default version of the ROM (I'm still running 2.05.970.3) there is no option to edit the APN and it seems that KDDI has probably disabled it as it seems to be included in every other ROM version that I read about or tried. Currently when I travel I'm loading the HK ROM and using that since it has APN settings but this is far from ideal and I would like to just use my home ROM 100% of the time. I have to use the Japan ROM at home because of the Osaifu Keitai (Felica) function which seems not to work on other ROMs, or at least the Mobile Suica refuses to work on the HK ROM saying that the OS isn't supported and that is an essential function for me to use the train everyday.

I'm sure there has to be a way to edit the KDDI ROM to re-enable the APN Settings function, could someone lead me through this or point me in the right direction. I've tried searches and nothing turned up for me.
1st April 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish101022

I have a rooted ISW13HT (HTC J by KDDI in Japan) and I can switch to the HK radio for traveling overseas and unlocking the sim, however for mobile operators who require an APN, it doesn't work in the default ROM. For whatever reason, in the default version of the ROM (I'm still running 2.05.970.3) there is no option to edit the APN and it seems that KDDI has probably disabled it as it seems to be included in every other ROM version that I read about or tried. Currently when I travel I'm loading the HK ROM and using that since it has APN settings but this is far from ideal and I would like to just use my home ROM 100% of the time. I have to use the Japan ROM at home because of the Osaifu Keitai (Felica) function which seems not to work on other ROMs, or at least the Mobile Suica refuses to work on the HK ROM saying that the OS isn't supported and that is an essential function for me to use the train everyday.

I'm sure there has to be a way to edit the KDDI ROM to re-enable the APN Settings function, could someone lead me through this or point me in the right direction. I've tried searches and nothing turned up for me.

Wanted to bump this and see if anyone has come up with a solution yet. It's been quite a while since I asked before.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread