FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Review of Anker 3.6A 2-port Car Charger (with a coil cable) w/pics!!!

3,332 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,574

By vectron, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 27th May 2013, 04:08 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This is a review of newly updated Anker 3.6A 2-port USB car charger with a built in coil cable: http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Ch...dp/B00B8MMZY8/

Anker is on a roll with a refresh of their dual port car and wall chargers, all supporting 3.6A of simultaneous charging at full speed and with a new slim lightweight design. If this car charger looks familiar to you, I have reviewed a similar versions not to long ago. This one is almost identical with it's lightweight 30g and dimension of approximately 75mm x 26mm x 24mm. It offers simultaneous charging of two devices at full speed. Each port works great with Note 2 to get a full 2A charger from either one, even so one is labeled for Android and the other one for Apple (full 2.1A for iPad while you can still charge Android phone at 1.5A from another port at the same time). It's very compact and unobtrusive, no worries about taking too much room in your car.

What makes this charger different is high quality coil cable which is permanently attached to one of the ports (designated for Android) providing ready to use micro-usb connector. So many times I read complains from people saying they got high speed charger but can't charge it fast enough, only to discover later they are using thin usb cables that are not capable of handling 2A of current. This one has no issues delivering charge at full speed just like OEM 2A wall charger/cable from Samsung. So if you think about it, for $11.99 you are getting a dual port 3.6A dual car charger AND a high speed charging cable. Plus, I'm personally a big fan of coiled cables for car use since those look neater.

Overall, I would actually recommend this one as a must have for your car. Solid built quality, lightweight and slim, buil-in high quality fast charging cable with a secure attachment (don't have to worry about it coming off from the charger), and Anker's 18-month warranty they really stand behind - a great value for $11.99.

Here are the pictures:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vectron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vectron Ad-Free

27th May 2013, 04:39 AM |#2  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Do you think this would charge the Zero Lemon battery?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app
27th May 2013, 04:54 AM |#3  
Flag Bushwood Country Club
Thanks Meter: 14

More
[QUOTE=vectron;41876838]This is a review of newly updated Anker 3.6A 2-port USB car charger with a built in coil cable: http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Ch...dp/B00B8MMZY8/

When did this come out? I bought the earlier version and a Monoprice cable that crapped out on me . . . I wonder if I pay the shipping if I can exchange for the newer one (I used the one I bought for about 1 hour total because the cord was faulty). This looks very nice . . . When it comes to your reviews Vectron, I always think (as Jack Nicholson's Joker said in Batman), "Where does he get all these wonderful toys?"
Keep up the awesome work!
27th May 2013, 05:05 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemq2003

Do you think this would charge the Zero Lemon battery?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app

It charges the phone (any phone with micro-usb connector) with battery in it. Doesn't matter which battery you have Zerolemon, Anker, Mugen, Hyperion, etc. - it should charge it at the same fast speed as if you would from original Samsung wall charger. This is very important if you are driving in the car while using Navigation with screen on at full brightness, talking on the phone, bluetooth connection, etc. All that drains your phone at some rate, while you need to be able to keep up with charging at higher rate then draining.
27th May 2013, 05:11 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
[QUOTE=barflybzzz;41877826]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

This is a review of newly updated Anker 3.6A 2-port USB car charger with a built in coil cable: http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Ch...dp/B00B8MMZY8/

When did this come out? I bought the earlier version and a Monoprice cable that crapped out on me . . . I wonder if I pay the shipping if I can exchange for the newer one (I used the one I bought for about 1 hour total because the cord was faulty). This looks very nice . . . When it comes to your reviews Vectron, I always think (as Jack Nicholson's Joker said in Batman), "Where does he get all these wonderful toys?"
Keep up the awesome work!

This is a brand new one, for sure. It's not even listed on their website. Did you get the other 3.6A dual port (white one) or their older 3.1A dual port with cable (black one)? Either way, contact them and explain your problem. Their customer support is pretty good. Someone posted in another thread they were even willing to pick up phone repair bill caused by a faulty charger. I can't speak directly for the company since I'm not associated with them except for receiving and reviewing samples of their product, but so far I have been very impressed with their communication.
27th May 2013, 03:58 PM |#6  
Flag Bushwood Country Club
Thanks Meter: 14

More
[QUOTE=vectron;41878205]
Quote:
Originally Posted by barflybzzz

This is a brand new one, for sure. It's not even listed on their website. Did you get the other 3.6A dual port (white one) or their older 3.1A dual port with cable (black one)? Either way, contact them and explain your problem. Their customer support is pretty good. Someone posted in another thread they were even willing to pick up phone repair bill caused by a faulty charger. I can't speak directly for the company since I'm not associated with them except for receiving and reviewing samples of their product, but so far I have been very impressed with their communication.

The one I purchased is identical but has no coiled cable attached (3.6A dual port, white). But let me just say why Anker has got to be one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. First, I love that they back up their products with an 18-month guarantee. Second, after I posted her late last night (early morning), I fired off an email to Anker, explaining my problem. I didn't expect a response for at least a day or two, this being a holiday weekend and all. But I awoke this morning to a personal email from the company, and it looks like I will be exchanging my car charger (which saw extremely limited use due to a faulty cable I bought) for this one.

I can't stress what a wonderful company this is. It's not just that they want good reviews on retail sites such as amazon.com. They really care about the customer.
The Following User Says Thank You to barflybzzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift barflybzzz Ad-Free
30th May 2013, 01:51 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Vectron, where the heck did you get the one WITH the coiled cable?

Days of searching on ebay, amazon, anker direct, anker themselves, and none have it!
30th May 2013, 09:53 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree

Vectron, where the heck did you get the one WITH the coiled cable?

Days of searching on ebay, amazon, anker direct, anker themselves, and none have it!

They're out of stock. It's returning to Amazon in 3 days according to a rep from Anker.
30th May 2013, 10:34 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexcell

They're out of stock. It's returning to Amazon in 3 days according to a rep from Anker.

Thanks Apex.

I was just about to pull the trigger on a different one but I can hold off now.

But, shouldn't it be searchable on Amazon? I mean, shouldn't it be advertised with a "currently out of stock" message? There wasn't even a single pic to be found.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Ok. Just found out how vectron got his hands on the charger early. No need for me to broadcast.

Just spoke with a Rep at ankerdirect and the charger is scheduled to ship to ankerdirect in 2 weeks, give or take a few days. We can't get our hands on one until then.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
31st May 2013, 02:17 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Hmm, I just checked Amazon link in my original review and it shows up as available with 17 left in stock?
31st May 2013, 02:50 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

Hmm, I just checked Amazon link in my original review and it shows up as available with 17 left in stock?

Vec, I couldnt find it and the rep from ankerdirect said the reason I couldnt find it was because it wasnt available.

I'm referring to the one with the attached coiled cable, not the one with two open ports

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)