[Q] recover from soft brick

OP Danno5150

1st April 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

96 posts
I decided to unroot my note 3 so i could update to kitkat. I used supersu to unroot and then went to accept the ota, it failed.i then did a factory reset but safestrap still showed up. My next step was to do another factory reset and now its stuck on the galaxy note 3 boot screen with the custom logo. I tried flashing the mj5 files to it and it passed but after factory reset and a wipe it still locks on the boot screen. Any help would be great.
1st April 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

96 posts
[QUOTE=Danno5150;51547548]I decided to unroot my note 3 so i could update to kitkat. I used supersu to unroot and then went to accept the ota, it failed.i then did a factory reset but safestrap still showed up. My next step was to do another factory reset and now its stuck on the galaxy note 3 boot screen with the custom logo. I tried flashing the mj5 files to it and it passed but after factory reset and a wipe it still locks on the boot screen. Any help would be great. UPDATE....I was able to flash back to stock mj5 the only problem i have is i get the direct pen has stopped error. i went into app manager to turn it back on but is was showing that it was on? Any ideas?
1st April 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 576

744 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno5150

I decided to unroot my note 3 so i could update to kitkat. I used supersu to unroot and then went to accept the ota, it failed.i then did a factory reset but safestrap still showed up. My next step was to do another factory reset and now its stuck on the galaxy note 3 boot screen with the custom logo. I tried flashing the mj5 files to it and it passed but after factory reset and a wipe it still locks on the boot screen. Any help would be great.

If you can get into download mode (home + power + vol down) you can just follow the steps listed in this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559715

You will definitely need an external SD Card and will need to follow the instructions exactly. It works like a charm. Once you are done you will be back on MJ5 and can OTA update to KitKat or continue using MJ5.
1st April 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #4  
Flag richmond
Thanks Meter: 66

652 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropazr

You will definitely need an external SD Card and will need to follow the instructions exactly. It works like a charm. Once you are done you will be back on MJ5 and can OTA update to KitKat or continue using MJ5.

You don't have to have an SD card; you can hold volume up and go to recovery mode, go down to update via ADB, and sideload&install the .zip files instead of an SD. (I had to do this last night from a soft brick)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread