[Guide] How to have write protection disabled on boot with stock rom
For this to work you will need to be rooted with twrp installed.
This is for people who are on the stock rom or a rom without init.d support.
1. Download the wp_mod.ko file from @flar2
's thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701816
and copy it over to your SD card (either internal or external)
2. Boot into twrp
3. Select the "Mount" option on the main menu and tick system
4. Go back to the main menu and then go into the "Advanced" option. There will be a "File Manager" option
5. Navigate to the folder you saved the .ko file in and copy it (just touch the file and it will bring up the menu)
6. now navigate to /system/lib/modules and copy the file there by hitting the "select" button on the bottom right.
7. Navigate to /system/lib/modules and insure the file is there. Now touch it to bring up the menu. select "Chmod" option and enter in 644
8. reboot the device
9. Once booted fully open up Terminal emulator and type:
10. Once that's done open up a file manager app with root access and mount as r/w and navigate to /system/etc and look for the file install-recovery.sh
11. edit the file using a text editor, adding the line insmod /system/lib/modules/wp_mod.ko towards the bottom of the file
12. reboot and enjoy r/w on boot without running the command every time
One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." -Henry Hill
All new members should watch this:
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/graffixnyc