FORUMS

[Q] Broken unusable screen, data backup/cloning.

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By Samg381, Member on 30th March 2014, 04:40 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,
Yesterday at lunch I dropped my droid Razr HD on the floor, and broke the screen and digitizer outright.
The screen is unusable, however the phone appears to be working. I can get text messages and see the LED blink.
I am going to verizon today to purchase a new one, be it under warranty or not, because I need my phone for work.
Right now I am keeping the phone on the charger so verizon can transfer whatever they can.

My question is, is there any way I can copy over or "clone" the phone over to the new one?
As if nothing ever happened?
I am rooted, however the screen is unusable. I intend to buy the exact same phone.
I don't want to use anything overly complex if I don't need to. I just want my new phone to look like my old one.

Any help/tips/advice is really appreciated. I need my phone back ASAP.
I will have a stock Droid Razr HD along with my broken one today around 8:00 est.

Thanks in advance!

30th March 2014, 06:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 552

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samg381

Hello,
Yesterday at lunch I dropped my droid Razr HD on the floor, and broke the screen and digitizer outright.
The screen is unusable, however the phone appears to be working. I can get text messages and see the LED blink.
I am going to verizon today to purchase a new one, be it under warranty or not, because I need my phone for work.
Right now I am keeping the phone on the charger so verizon can transfer whatever they can.

My question is, is there any way I can copy over or "clone" the phone over to the new one?
As if nothing ever happened?
I am rooted, however the screen is unusable. I intend to buy the exact same phone.
I don't want to use anything overly complex if I don't need to. I just want my new phone to look like my old one.

Any help/tips/advice is really appreciated. I need my phone back ASAP.
I will have a stock Droid Razr HD along with my broken one today around 8:00 est.

Thanks in advance!

Use philz, you can use the keys & the screen shots from the main thread to judge you presses. That is if your boot is open.

If you are locked-boot. You are done.
30th March 2014, 08:14 PM |#3  
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 30

More
You could also try and replace the screen on the phone yourself?
31st March 2014, 01:10 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumanji

You could also try and replace the screen on the phone yourself?

Digitizer is broken as well.
31st March 2014, 04:58 PM |#5  
Flag Zapopan, Jalisco
Thanks Meter: 379

Donate to Me
More
Screen (LCD + Digitizer) is available on eBay/Amazon for about $100/120 and is very easy to replace it

Enviado desde mi HTC Explorer A310e mediante Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread