Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Too Much Music not enough Calendar?

Tip us?

marcolorenzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Too Much Music not enough Calendar?

First of all, I absolutely love this app. It's so easy to use yet powerful and the variety is just incredible. I remember a few years ago when I still had a jailbroken iPhone 3GS, it took me a whole afternoon just to make my phone look like one of these themes, now it's just a press of a button.

I just want to voice a little suggestion for the designers out there and if anyone disagrees with me, please send it right back. I think one of the coolest things about Android compared to iOS is the widgets and one widget that many people use often around me is the calendar. Unfortunately, even though there are so many amazing themes made for this app, very few of them actually dedicate enough space to a calendar widget (and often not at all).
Every theme though seems to dedicate a whole page to a music app. From my experience, this isn't really necessary since when a song is playing, i can see it in the notifications shade or when I want to start a new session to listen to music, I probably want to go into the app and choose which song to start with.

So I'm just making a suggestion to include more calendar widgets in future themes because at the moment, there's not enough themes with them but there are too many themes with music widgets. What do you guys think?
The Following User Says Thank You to marcolorenzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pcshano
Old
Thanks Meter 59
or better yet, make a theme yourself and include whatever you want =)
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 I747
Network: T-Mobile
Recovery: TWRP latest
Rom: some AOSP

marcolorenzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcshano View Post
or better yet, make a theme yourself and include whatever you want =)
I plan to eventually but I don't have the time right now so I thought I'd make a suggestion for those who do.

sajjad2w
Old
Thanks Meter 0
A good way to start finding your work-life balance is to challenge yourself to identify one behavior that you can change. What makes you happiest? What stresses you out the most? Determine your answers, then focus on a few areas in which you can improve, whether it's socializing more at work or planning out your day better. Soon you’ll be living happier, too!

marcolorenzo
Old
(Last edited by marcolorenzo; 15th March 2014 at 06:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjad2w View Post
A good way to start finding your work-life balance is to challenge yourself to identify one behavior that you can change. What makes you happiest? What stresses you out the most? Determine your answers, then focus on a few areas in which you can improve, whether it's socializing more at work or planning out your day better. Soon you’ll be living happier, too!
Thanks for the self-help tip. It's funny how a suggestion for future themes lead to a lesson on life management! I guess I better keep this in mind the next time I write an app review in the Google Play Store.

alldroid
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjad2w View Post
well that sorted my life out !!!! seriously how is this helping anyone !!!!!
I understand what you mean that many do try and have more music apps etc and as you mention are not always useful,I am guilty of this myself in some respects,but when I create a style I create them because I want to not because they may or not become popular,as this doesn't concern me.It is all down to personal taste I suppose.
I maybe give this a try in a future theme,to be honest it is a good suggestion in my opinion
support Prostate cancer visit www.prostatecanceruk.org/menunited and sign up NOW

So long and thanks for all the fish
The Following User Says Thank You to alldroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marcolorenzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldroid View Post
well that sorted my life out !!!! seriously how is this helping anyone !!!!!
I understand what you mean that many do try and have more music apps etc and as you mention are not always useful,I am guilty of this myself in some respects,but when I create a style I create them because I want to not because they may or not become popular,as this doesn't concern me.It is all down to personal taste I suppose.
I maybe give this a try in a future theme,to be honest it is a good suggestion in my opinion
Thanks a lot! I'm glad someone gets what I'm talking about

ThemerSupport
Old
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolorenzo View Post
First of all, I absolutely love this app. It's so easy to use yet powerful and the variety is just incredible. I remember a few years ago when I still had a jailbroken iPhone 3GS, it took me a whole afternoon just to make my phone look like one of these themes, now it's just a press of a button.

I just want to voice a little suggestion for the designers out there and if anyone disagrees with me, please send it right back. I think one of the coolest things about Android compared to iOS is the widgets and one widget that many people use often around me is the calendar. Unfortunately, even though there are so many amazing themes made for this app, very few of them actually dedicate enough space to a calendar widget (and often not at all).
Every theme though seems to dedicate a whole page to a music app. From my experience, this isn't really necessary since when a song is playing, i can see it in the notifications shade or when I want to start a new session to listen to music, I probably want to go into the app and choose which song to start with.

So I'm just making a suggestion to include more calendar widgets in future themes because at the moment, there's not enough themes with them but there are too many themes with music widgets. What do you guys think?

Hey Marco,

This is a good suggestion, we'll definitely pass it onto the team. Thanks!
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThemerSupport For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spacecat
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Calendar apps are light on the ground for me to, I uses a self edited version of the shades of green themer which has a good calendar app

LocutusH
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecat View Post
Calendar apps are light on the ground for me to, I uses a self edited version of the shades of green themer which has a good calendar app
Yeah, right now it is the shades of green the only really good theme, if you want events on the home screen. I also feel that all the themes go in a direction of fun and design, and there are only very few, that at least add basic organizer options.
More work related themes would be welcome