Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on APX mode? Any way out?

Tip us?

sweeep
Old
(Last edited by sweeep; 31st March 2014 at 09:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck on APX mode? Any way out?

Hello,

after two days spending to repair my HTC One X without any personal help, I gave up. So, this is the story: since wednesday the 19th, my HOX got some problems. From turning off without any reason through to completly resetting my settings and so on, finally no vital signs any more. Now, it got stucked in APX mode. I've installed APX drivers for the HOX, downloaded nvflash, but whatever I do, nvflash throws error UnKnown device found and then terminates. How I got stuck into APX mode? I don't know neither I know how I get rid of this. Well, there are many many many data on phone, which I just need. I can't send it to HTC because (1) unfortunately I got a crack from the left to the right and (2) I need my data, because I know HTC would just send a refurbished device back to me. Actually, I need this data really and I rely on them.

tl;dr: Is there any possible way to get out of the APX mode without sending it to HTC or to get my data back?

I hope someone could help me with this frustrating and headache giving problem?
Thanks in advance!

Greetings
sweeep

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2826
You have the ENDEAVORU. This forum section is for the EVITA.

You want to post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-x
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orangekid
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3005
Moved to the Endeavor Q&A forum.

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2232
Send the phone in ...you can't get out permanently from it...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8198

DONATE TO ME
Only thing to try is to mount the sdcard via the recovery as a mass storage device. If that doesn't work it's not retrievable. Try rebooting the hox many.....many times sometimes it kicks out of apx but in general it's a no go

sweeep
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-X-master View Post
Send the phone in ...you can't get out permanently from it...

Is there any way to send it to HTC without losing my data?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
Only thing to try is to mount the sdcard via the recovery as a mass storage device. If that doesn't work it's not retrievable. Try rebooting the hox many.....many times sometimes it kicks out of apx but in general it's a no go
Thanks. But how could I, assuming that I got out of APX, mount sd card, if I don't installed ClockWorkMod (?)? I want to keep my warranty, so there is no possible way or am I wrong?

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2232
So your phone is completely locked? Send the phone in and state in the letter that it is stuck in apx mode...they will change the motherboard...did the same and got nearly 85% new phone screen was the same...but everything else was new

Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)

sweeep
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, you are right. But I have a crack across my display and it is scratched, so I question how HTC/Amazon (my seller) would react.

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8198

DONATE TO ME
No one can answer that, it depends all in who's hands it ends up !

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2232
I broke even my WiFi and my back housing was a bit cracked and they just changed nearly all...even if your screen is damaged they should fix Mainboard/ Change it because it's under warranty and has nothing to do with the cracked screen