Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How should I proceed to unlock SIM network on my I9300?

Tip us?

KishlorN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] How should I proceed to unlock SIM network on my I9300?

Hello,

I have an I9300 under the latest Omnirom nightly

I got the unlock code from my mobile operator/ So when I insert a foreign SIM, it requires me to fill it, which I do, but it returns an error saying that the network unlocking was unsuccessful.

I've tryed using dial codes like:
  • #7465625*638*XXXXXXXX# (XXXXXXXX being the actual code) to unlock SIM network, but it says "Connection issue or invalide HMI code
  • *#*#197328640#*#* to run service menu and get to the network lock menu, but it says that "MENU NOT EXIST PRESS BACK KEY Current Command is 186"

I've also tryed using GalaxSim Unlock application but it 's unable to actually unlock my phone because it says the blocking system is not yet supported.

I'm running out of ideas to unlock SIM network on my phone, so any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

meekrawb
Old
Thanks Meter 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by KishlorN View Post
Hello,

I have an I9300 under the latest Omnirom nightly

I got the unlock code from my mobile operator/ So when I insert a foreign SIM, it requires me to fill it, which I do, but it returns an error saying that the network unlocking was unsuccessful.

I've tryed using dial codes like:
  • #7465625*638*XXXXXXXX# (XXXXXXXX being the actual code) to unlock SIM network, but it says "Connection issue or invalide HMI code
  • *#*#197328640#*#* to run service menu and get to the network lock menu, but it says that "MENU NOT EXIST PRESS BACK KEY Current Command is 186"

I've also tryed using GalaxSim Unlock application but it 's unable to actually unlock my phone because it says the blocking system is not yet supported.

I'm running out of ideas to unlock SIM network on my phone, so any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
You probably have to be on the stock ROM to unlock.

KishlorN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekrawb View Post
You probably have to be on the stock ROM to unlock.
Is this some kind of bug that might be fixed in the future?
Tags
omnirom sim network unlock i9300