Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MagicJack issue with 4.4 KitKat (still)

Tip us?

arbank94
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] MagicJack issue with 4.4 KitKat (still)

Alright, so I posted a thread a while back regarding how MagicJack crashes on my HTC One (M7). I simply open the app, it remains on a black screen for about 5 seconds then it crashes.
I am on ARHD 61.1.
I have tried all of these solutions:

-reinstall the app from Playstore
-reinstall the app from another source
-reinstall the app from both of the above with autosync off
-installed an earlier version of the app
-flashed the following roms: ARHD, Viper, Maximus (same issue on all roms)
-did a full wipe of my phone from TWRP
-reflashed ARHD again, and this is where I am at now

So I even took the extreme routes and it still didn't help. It simply just doesn't work with my phone.
Can anyone help me out with fixing this problem?

I have link of the logcat of when I try to open up MagicJack... http://pastebin.com/Gb90s8AH

arbank94
Old
(Last edited by arbank94; 2nd April 2014 at 02:00 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Sorry for double posting.... this is the last time. If no one has any ideas this time then I'll give it up.

Prophet16
Old
Thanks Meter 17
So I had a problem like this earlier, the issue was that everytime I installed a new rom, one of the first things I did was install Android Tuner and let that app install a lot of tweaks to speed up the system, and some of the tweaks in the build.prop caused a certain app to keep crashing because it kept running out of memory. Have you installed any tweaks after flashing any of the roms?
Samsung Eternity > Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 > HTC One M7

arbank94
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet16 View Post
So I had a problem like this earlier, the issue was that everytime I installed a new rom, one of the first things I did was install Android Tuner and let that app install a lot of tweaks to speed up the system, and some of the tweaks in the build.prop caused a certain app to keep crashing because it kept running out of memory. Have you installed any tweaks after flashing any of the roms?
Well first I was on ARHD 52. MagicJack didn't work, so I figured it was an issue with ARHD.

When ARHD 53 came out a couple of days ago, it STILL didn't work. At that point I figured something must have been wrong.
(I do install the ElementalX kernel (specifically for double tap to wake, I keep everything else at stock.)

But this time, I completely wiped my phone. I installed a fresh ARHD 61.1, and I tried out MagicJack BEFORE I installed ElementalX again. Turned out, MagicJack still didn't work.

So other than ElementalX, I do not install any tweaks.

Prophet16
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Well that's odd,sometimes a clean install of a rom is still not enough to make a certain problem go away. I had issues with a specific base, when I install 4.19.401.8 base, I can't sign in to Google, but when I install a newer or older base, the problem is gone. Now if I were to install the same base over and over again the problem would resurface in a different base. So I decided to use the stock AT&T RUU and start over. The RUUs usually restore nearly everything. So I think you should give that a try. And if you can try to run an RUU exe, not a zip.

arbank94
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Well that's odd,sometimes a clean install of a rom is still not enough to make a certain problem go away. I had issues with a specific base, when I install 4.19.401.8 base, I can't sign in to Google, but when I install a newer or older base, the problem is gone. Now if I were to install the same base over and over again the problem would resurface in a different base. So I decided to use the stock AT&T RUU and start over. The RUUs usually restore nearly everything. So I think you should give that a try. And if you can try to run an RUU exe, not a zip.
Problem with that is... I have a Latin American International HTC One with a CID which is not supported by any RUU.
So I SuperCID'd to 11111111, and none of the RUUs seem to work.
(so I'm probably not selecting the correct RUU)

But tell you what. I'm going to do another wipe. I'm going to start again from the beginning with a new TWRP, new rom, and new everything.
If at this point MagicJack is STILL not working, then I'm literally out of ideas and I'll try RUUing.

arbank94
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Okay so I formatted and wiped my entire again, and I flashed a new TWRP, and I had no OS installed (nearly bricking my device). I installed a clean ARHD 61.1, and everything was from the beginning. I didn't sync any account, I didn't add the Google account either.
All I did was download Root Explorer, and installed a MagicJack.apk I downloaded from another source. It STILL didn't work. wtf

At this point, I'm going to assume that MagicJack needs to update their app and that it's not my phones fault.
It's just weird because for other people it works on ARHD 61.1.

Prophet16
Old
Thanks Meter 17
The RUU might not work if your device is unlocked, you'll have to re-lock the bootloader to use an RUU.exe. But guess what, I decided to find the app and install it myself to see what's going on and I have the same issue. I'm running 4.19.401.11 base, the rom is my own and I have Elemental X kernel, so I think it's just the developers messing up here.

arbank94
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
The RUU might not work if your device is unlocked, you'll have to re-lock the bootloader to use an RUU.exe. But guess what, I decided to find the app and install it myself to see what's going on and I have the same issue. I'm running 4.19.401.11 base, the rom is my own and I have Elemental X kernel, so I think it's just the developers messing up here.

Ohh, so you're getting a black screen and just having the app crash too? Then yeah... the developers messed up.
Guess all that wiping went nowhere... at least I have a fresh start though. (didn't mean it to sound disgusting)

Prophet16
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbank94 View Post
Ohh, so you're getting a black screen and just having the app crash too? Then yeah... the developers messed up.
Guess all that wiping went nowhere... at least I have a fresh start though. (didn't mean it to sound disgusting)
Yeah I'm sure they'll get it fixed.

Tags
htc one, magicjack