Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 43,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weather widget with Nova and kitkat

Tip us?

moxon345
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Weather widget with Nova and kitkat

Hi everyone is there any way I can use lg g2 weather widget with nova launcher on official lg g2 kitkat? I don't want to use lg stock launcher.
Many thanks.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

gamal001
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxon345 View Post
Hi everyone is there any way I can use lg g2 weather widget with nova launcher on official lg g2 kitkat? I don't want to use lg stock launcher.
Many thanks.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
All lg stock widget working with lg launcher only.
you can't use any widget with other launcher .

moxon345
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamal001 View Post
All lg stock widget working with lg launcher only.
you can't use any widget with other launcher .
Tasks widget, Notebook Widget , Music Widget , FM Radio Widget, Flashlight Widget all works.

World clock Widget, Weather Widget, Memo Widget, Clock Widget do not work.

Sfkn2
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxon345 View Post
Tasks widget, Notebook Widget , Music Widget , FM Radio Widget, Flashlight Widget all works.

World clock Widget, Weather Widget, Memo Widget, Clock Widget do not work.
Wait what.. We have FM radio on our phones? Do I need to plug in my earphones to have this show up?

Posting from my LG G2 while driving an Evo IX.

Kiwi_Dude
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfkn2 View Post
Wait what.. We have FM radio on our phones? Do I need to plug in my earphones to have this show up?

Yep, headphones are the antenna. App should be in the app drawer. If you try opening it without the headphones plugged in it'll ask you to connect them.

Sfkn2
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi_Dude View Post
Yep, headphones are the antenna. App should be in the app drawer. If you try opening it without the headphones plugged in it'll ask you to connect them.

Is this the international version? I'm on the T-Mobile version and I don't see an FM radio app.

Kiwi_Dude
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfkn2 View Post
Is this the international version? I'm on the T-Mobile version and I don't see an FM radio app.
Yes mine is the international version, sorry I didn't know you were using the T-Mobile version. After doing some reading it would seem that the US carriers have either disabled the feature, or LG didn't include the hardware for their devices in production. Some Sprint users have reported success using the NextRado app from the play store with data turned off, but that may have been under JB (4.2.2).

There's a old thread about it here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2464923
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiwi_Dude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sfkn2
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi_Dude View Post
Yes mine is the international version, sorry I didn't know you were using the T-Mobile version. After doing some reading it would seem that the US carriers have either disabled the feature, or LG didn't include the hardware for their devices in production. Some Sprint users have reported success using the NextRado app from the play store with data turned off, but that may have been under JB (4.2.2).

There's a old thread about it here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2464923
That's very interesting. Thank you for the link.