Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Changing the weather app on the Lock Screen

Tip us?

granddadscott
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Changing the weather app on the Lock Screen

I have just installed the Android 4.4.2 KitKat Resurrection Remix rom.
All working just fine, still getting used to it.
One question?
Only two options of weather apps available for the Lock Screen.
Yahoo and openweathermap
I would like to use the BBC weather map if possible.

Question is it possible and if so how do I show it.

Cheers

abhiyoyo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
its possible i think install the app and use widget

granddadscott
Old
(Last edited by granddadscott; 1st April 2014 at 09:45 AM.) Reason: Found new info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiyoyo View Post
its possible i think install the app and use widget
I have the BBC app / widget on but cannot find any way to add it to the lock screen.
The option to customise lock screen weather gives only the two options I mentioned above.

Update
I found the way to add the weather widget to a side screen from the lock screen but that is not actually what I wanted.
I would like to change the weather widget on the lock screen if possible.

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddadscott View Post
I have the BBC app / widget on but cannot find any way to add it to the lock screen.
The option to customise lock screen weather gives only the two options I mentioned above.

Update
I found the way to add the weather widget to a side screen from the lock screen but that is not actually what I wanted.
I would like to change the weather widget on the lock screen if possible.
You need to set "Custom widgets" on lockscreen. Then you long press on the actual widget and delete it. Then you can add your preferred widget.

:P
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

granddadscott
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
You need to set "Custom widgets" on lockscreen. Then you long press on the actual widget and delete it. Then you can add your preferred widget.

:P
Thanks for that.
Tried your suggestion and although I have the Custom Widget turned on I am unable to get the option to remove the weather from the lock screen.
I can with this Rom, de-select the weather widget on lock screen in settings to remove it.
Still no way to add my own selection to lock screen.
I can add a new screen to the side of the lock screen but that's not what I wanted.

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddadscott View Post
Thanks for that.
Tried your suggestion and although I have the Custom Widget turned on I am unable to get the option to remove the weather from the lock screen.
I can with this Rom, de-select the weather widget on lock screen in settings to remove it.
Still no way to add my own selection to lock screen.
I can add a new screen to the side of the lock screen but that's not what I wanted.

In lockscreen swipe doen to maximize widget, then you can delete it by longpressing
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

granddadscott
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
In lockscreen swipe doen to maximize widget, then you can delete it by longpressing
That did the trick although it doesn't look very good due to the length of our village name.
But it works a treat otherwise.

Much appreciated