Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Changing the weather app on the Lock Screen

Tip us?
 
granddadscott
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default [Q] Changing the weather app on the Lock Screen

I have just installed the Android 4.4.2 KitKat Resurrection Remix rom.
All working just fine, still getting used to it.
One question?
Only two options of weather apps available for the Lock Screen.
Yahoo and openweathermap
I would like to use the BBC weather map if possible.

Question is it possible and if so how do I show it.

Cheers
 
abhiyoyo
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 15
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: vadodara
its possible i think install the app and use widget
 
granddadscott
Old
(Last edited by granddadscott; 1st April 2014 at 09:45 AM.) Reason: Found new info
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiyoyo View Post
its possible i think install the app and use widget
I have the BBC app / widget on but cannot find any way to add it to the lock screen.
The option to customise lock screen weather gives only the two options I mentioned above.

Update
I found the way to add the weather widget to a side screen from the lock screen but that is not actually what I wanted.
I would like to change the weather widget on the lock screen if possible.
 
LS.xD
Old
#4  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 585
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lübeck

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddadscott View Post
I have the BBC app / widget on but cannot find any way to add it to the lock screen.
The option to customise lock screen weather gives only the two options I mentioned above.

Update
I found the way to add the weather widget to a side screen from the lock screen but that is not actually what I wanted.
I would like to change the weather widget on the lock screen if possible.
You need to set "Custom widgets" on lockscreen. Then you long press on the actual widget and delete it. Then you can add your preferred widget.

:P
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0


It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
 
granddadscott
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
You need to set "Custom widgets" on lockscreen. Then you long press on the actual widget and delete it. Then you can add your preferred widget.

:P
Thanks for that.
Tried your suggestion and although I have the Custom Widget turned on I am unable to get the option to remove the weather from the lock screen.
I can with this Rom, de-select the weather widget on lock screen in settings to remove it.
Still no way to add my own selection to lock screen.
I can add a new screen to the side of the lock screen but that's not what I wanted.
 
LS.xD
Old
#6  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 585
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lübeck

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddadscott View Post
Thanks for that.
Tried your suggestion and although I have the Custom Widget turned on I am unable to get the option to remove the weather from the lock screen.
I can with this Rom, de-select the weather widget on lock screen in settings to remove it.
Still no way to add my own selection to lock screen.
I can add a new screen to the side of the lock screen but that's not what I wanted.

In lockscreen swipe doen to maximize widget, then you can delete it by longpressing
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0


It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
granddadscott
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
In lockscreen swipe doen to maximize widget, then you can delete it by longpressing
That did the trick although it doesn't look very good due to the length of our village name.
But it works a treat otherwise.

Much appreciated

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Rir Yourself Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit its … more

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more