Ask a question

No registration required

Evernote resolution

OP nsiti

1st April 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

86 posts
Hi folks, I've taken a few handwritten notes, several pages long each, using the stylus on my note Pro. When these files are uploaded to Evernote and I try to view them on my desktop computer, the resolution appears very low and they are unreadable. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
1st April 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 200

867 posts
Yep it sucks.

What I've done is just given up on Evernote for now and I'm using Papyrus along with enabling the premium features in Papyrus which allow full use of tools, PDF export and cloud sync. With the PDF export function I'm able to push notes to Evernote for syncing. The cloud sync to Dropbox also works great with the only downfall being the extremely long sync durations of 12 hours which means you have to go into settings and manually force sync if you need something right away.

Other than that the Papyrus note application is great.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzy996 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

86 posts
Hi, and thanks for the idea, I'll look into Papyrus premium.
What a pain though...
Is there a way to export high rez versions of the notes I have taken already with the Samsung note app?
2nd April 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 97

351 posts
More
I've been using Note Anytime and sending the files through email. I'm disappointed with Evernote..
6th April 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 107

503 posts
You could use lecture notes with pdf exports.
6th April 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsiti

Hi folks, I've taken a few handwritten notes, several pages long each, using the stylus on my note Pro. When these files are uploaded to Evernote and I try to view them on my desktop computer, the resolution appears very low and they are unreadable. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi, I used to have the same problem, but I found a workable solution since I really do like the S Note / Evernote combo: When you have finished with your note, save it, give it a usable name, and then use the S Note built in Share option, and simply share it to Evernote using pictures (haven't tried the PDF option, or any other, yet). You'll get beautiful high res images in Evernote! And you can do that with all your existing Notes as well!

Hope this helps, good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to meikiH71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 54

381 posts
More
You can do the same with LectureNotes, there is also an option for directly exporting into Evernote but I haven't tried it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
16th April 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdo

You can do the same with LectureNotes, there is also an option for directly exporting into Evernote but I haven't tried it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Instead of using S-Note (which really is unusable when opened in Evernote on a Mac), think about using the new handwritten note function of Evernote for Android. It does not have the same functionality but the handwritten notes are stored in high resolution. You get perfectly readable large notes in Evernote on a Mac.
17th April 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #9  
Flag SL,UT
Thanks Meter: 47

777 posts
More
Why share to ever note from s note? Ever note sync is built in.
17th April 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

86 posts
You may need to share S-view files because if you simply sync them to Evernote then the files are unreadable on a computer, due to low resolution.

I tried sharing from S-view, selecting PDF and clicking Evernote, and presto it worked like a charm, synced automatically and very readable.

I also tried the sharing an image file via email and the resolution appeared to be a bit better but the file size was significantly larger, plus you need to merge the .png files into a pdf, adding another step. I would only use this when resolution is of utmost importance.

Thanks for the assistance of the above posters, I hope this helps others to figure out what is best for their needs.

The Following User Says Thank You to nsiti For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread