Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't download to sd card??

Tip us?

pmazz850
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Can't download to sd card??

It seems I can't download anything to my sd card through Boat browser. Tried getting the weaksauce apk and it wouldn't download while set to save to sd card. Had to switch it back to internal storage. Anyone else notice this? Is it just Boat browser or Kit Kat? I thought I downloaded some stuff before straight to ad card.
HTC ONE M8 Verizon

pettigrew95
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmazz850 View Post
It seems I can't download anything to my sd card through Boat browser. Tried getting the weaksauce apk and it wouldn't download while set to save to sd card. Had to switch it back to internal storage. Anyone else notice this? Is it just Boat browser or Kit Kat? I thought I downloaded some stuff before straight to ad card.
It's a KitKat problem. Won't be able to write to the SD card until we get full root and not just /system/xbin root (WeakSauce).
Verizon HTC One M8 32 GB
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk MicroSD
Rooted and S-Off

Old Phones: Galaxy S3 | Galaxy S2 | HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE | Samsung Fascinate | HTC Sensation | LG G2x | HTC MyTouch 3G Slide | HTC MyTouch 3G | HTC G1

HughesNet
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettigrew95 View Post
It's a KitKat problem. Won't be able to write to the SD card until we get full root and not just /system/xbin root (WeakSauce).
Not true. You can write to sd with Weaksauce. Just install Xposed and use the Xposed module.

pettigrew95
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughesNet View Post
Not true. You can write to sd with Weaksauce. Just install Xposed and use the Xposed module.
I've heard Xposed has been not to stable on our M8's as of now
Verizon HTC One M8 32 GB
Rooted and S-Off

Old Phones: Galaxy S3 | Galaxy S2 | HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE | Samsung Fascinate | HTC Sensation | LG G2x | HTC MyTouch 3G Slide | HTC MyTouch 3G | HTC G1

HughesNet
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettigrew95 View Post
I've heard Xposed has been not to stable on our M8's as of now
I have had the odd issue or two with it. But also have gone most of the day without trouble. Where I see trouble is usually where I am fiddling with stuff alot. That said, Enabling Xposed is a fast matter and if you don't want it enabled all the time you can just go and do it fast for some SD card work then disable it when done.

I was using Xposed with App Settings changing the DPI and all my stuff, a module to enable writing to SD, a module to hide NFC icon, and GavityBox cleaning up my statusbar and usually had no issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to HughesNet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pettigrew95
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughesNet View Post
I have had the odd issue or two with it. But also have gone most of the day without trouble. Where I see trouble is usually where I am fiddling with stuff alot. That said, Enabling Xposed is a fast matter and if you don't want it enabled all the time you can just go and do it fast for some SD card work then disable it when done.

I was using Xposed with App Settings changing the DPI and all my stuff, a module to enable writing to SD, a module to hide NFC icon, and GavityBox cleaning up my statusbar and usually had no issues.
Thanks. I'll give that a shot because lack of SD card R/W is irritating me to say the least.
Verizon HTC One M8 32 GB
Rooted and S-Off