Xperia S : How To Recover Phone To Stock By Using Flashtool.
This is a beginners tutorial on how to revert back to STOCK firmware using Flashtool by @Androxyde
I'm sure there must have been many more tutorials on this, but this post is modified for simplicity with image for new users.
Has Your Mobile
- Soft Brick
- Not Responding After A Mistake In Flash
- Only LED Shows Green/Red/Blue Light
- Bootloops Troubling?
- Make the phone as good as new.
Then this guide will help you to recover your phone back to STOCK.
Things You Need Before Returning To StockNOTE : DO NOT CONNECT THE PHONE AT THE START. ONLY CONNECT WHEN ASKED BY FLASHTOOL
Now Lets Get Down To Business.
- ftf file for your Xperia S
Flash it using latest version of Flashtool
1. Download the Firmware
2. Extract the .rar
3. Put the .ftf in <flashtool directory>/firmwares/
4. Run flashtool
5. Click flash or thunder icon
6. Flash mode, Ok
7. Select from left panel the correct firmware --> Lt26i 6.1.A.2.45 SG Generic (Your ftf File in firmware folder)
8. Click Ok!
9. OK ... Wait for a connection pop-up
10. Do not follow the instruction there, Just Connect Xperia S holding volume down button
11. Wait for installation to complete (When no more loading and the log shows Reboot and enable android debugging)
12. Unplug device and reboot
13. Close flashtool.
That Should Bring You Back To Stock!
If after that if you really want to bring your phone back to factory comdition.
For Making the Phone As Good As New
RELOCK THE BOOTLOADER
that should do the trick!
For Relocking Flash the Attached "Xperia S Relock File" Given below
In The Same Manner Following Every Step.
In Step 7 Select Relock Xperia S File
And You Are Done!
Hit Thanks if it Helped You!
Please Be Generous By Pressing Thank You Button If I Could Help You In Any Way!