Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ.ROM] Please make a 4.4.2 KitKat Rom with all the Sony Apps and features

Tip us?

s_unnikrishnan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb [REQ.ROM] Please make a 4.4.2 KitKat Rom with all the Sony Apps and features

Somebody please make an Android 4.4.2 KitKat Rom with all the Sony Apps like Walkman, Cybershot, Album, Honami Home etc including its framework. . . It would really be nice if Aroma is also included like in Nature Xperia Advance v3.2 International Edition ROM. . . Carbon Rom makers or Paranoid Android Developers or anyone.
I tried many different Rom's but I found none of them stable. All has got some problem or the other...
It would really be cool if someone does make one with all the Sony Apps.

darkguset
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_unnikrishnan View Post
Somebody please make an Android 4.4.2 KitKat Rom with all the Sony Apps like Walkman, Cybershot, Album, Honami Home etc including its framework. . . It would really be nice if Aroma is also included like in Nature Xperia Advance v3.2 International Edition ROM. . . Carbon Rom makers or Paranoid Android Developers or anyone.
I tried many different Rom's but I found none of them stable. All has got some problem or the other...
It would really be cool if someone does make one with all the Sony Apps.
I was in the same boat as you, but ever since I moved to BeanStalk, I don't really miss anything from Sony, except the Small Apps. I am in the process of trying to port (following the CM11 guide) the Small Apps on the BeanStalk. If I successfully manage to do that, I am in heaven!

Google camera is just as good as the Sony stock one.
The Apollo is also just as good, not to mention the built-in DSP for the headphones, which is fantastic.
Even with the stock ROM, I used QuickPic, since it is quicker than the built-in Gallery.
The ROM is fully customisable, and I moved from Google's Home to NOVA launcher... the phone is just flying!

The only other thing which I "ported" from the Sony stock and I love is the "Top contacts" widget. I used Titanium backup to restore the app and behold it worked straight away!

darkguset
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I actually just discovered HALO!

It is included in the BeanStalk version. It is quite similar to SmallApps from Sony. It is not quite as elegant, BUT it also has a major advantage!

You can fire app ANY app on your phone as a SmallApp!

I am fully converted now!

prat.cena
Old
Thanks Meter 15
If you have xperia ion...this is what you need, it includes small apps too
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682782

Sent from my LT28h using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

marshel
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I Believe he is looking for the Xperia S lt26i 4.4.2 Sony Apps as I am.

I got the Xperia Z2 4.4.2 deodexed rom from itīs forum but I donīt know which files the Sony Framework requires and what kind of modification I should do to it.

Anybody know a way to make a Flashable zip of it?