Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 52,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One (M7) Bricked???

Tip us?

foxgre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] HTC One (M7) Bricked???

Hello. I have the following problem. I friend of mine that I've sold him my old rooted Htc One tried to make 4.4. kitkat
He tried to install
Android_Revolution_HD-One-53.0zip
BUT I don't know how he managed to stuck his phone.The problem is when I am power on the phone it shows the white HTC screen with the red letters "this build is for development purpose only..." after a while reboots in TWRP v2.5.0.0
And that's it , I cannot do anything because my PC won't recognize it via USB cable.
Any suggestions?
(excuse me for my English, with love from Greece )
The Following User Says Thank You to foxgre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

R34LY
Old
Thanks Meter 3
As long as it boots into Recovery its not bricked. Do you have the HTC Driver installed on your computer?

Android Revolution HD 53 requires min. TWRP 2.6.3.3. Your version is too old.

arses
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgre View Post
Hello. I have the following problem. I friend of mine that I've sold him my old rooted Htc One tried to make 4.4. kitkat
He tried to install
Android_Revolution_HD-One-53.0zip
BUT I don't know how he managed to stuck his phone.The problem is when I am power on the phone it shows the white HTC screen with the red letters "this build is for development purpose only..." after a while reboots in TWRP v2.5.0.0
And that's it , I cannot do anything because my PC won't recognize it via USB cable.
Any suggestions?
(excuse me for my English, with love from Greece )
From recovery go to fastboot connect phone to pc.
It must be recognized.
Then flash boot.img which is in the Revolution.zip.
Then install the rom via recovery.
Remember for unlock and not s-off users the boot.img must be flashed befor flashing a rom.zip.

Sent by myself, without help )

foxgre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
i am doing as you say, but it's not recognized.
I only get a message android phone, not installed properly

Duwie_80
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default SAME problem (or pretty similar) here

Quote:
SAME problem (or pretty similar) here, trying to instal ARHD61.1... I don't know how did I screw up this so much...

My bootloader is TAMPERED, UNLOCKED, S-On. Recovery TRWP (2.7) launches but... many things don't work.

First thing I have to mention is that I didn't forget to enable debugging before all this started (and now I can't launch android to do it).
My HTC drivers should be up-to-date, as I installed yesterday HTC sync 3.00.52...

In bootloader, if I type "fastboot devices" I get "FA34HW903605 fastboot", and "fastboot reboot.bootloader" does what it is expected to do...
In recovery, "adb push" tells me "error: device not found".

Can someone help me? If you need more details, just ask. Thanks

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2713
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duwie_80 View Post
SAME problem (or pretty similar) here, trying to instal ARHD61.1... I don't know how did I screw up this so much...

My bootloader is TAMPERED, UNLOCKED, S-On. Recovery TRWP (2.7) launches but... many things don't work.

First thing I have to mention is that I didn't forget to enable debugging before all this started (and now I can't launch android to do it).
My HTC drivers should be up-to-date, as I installed yesterday HTC sync 3.00.52...

In bootloader, if I type "fastboot devices" I get "FA34HW903605 fastboot", and "fastboot reboot.bootloader" does what it is expected to do...
In recovery, "adb push" tells me "error: device not found".

Can someone help me? If you need more details, just ask. Thanks
can you guys check out FAQ #2 in my guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082 if that's the problem you have
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Duwie_80
Old
(Last edited by Duwie_80; 29th March 2014 at 05:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
can you guys check out FAQ #2 in my guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082 if that's the problem you have
Let me try and I'll tell you later. I also think it's a matter of drivers, so I was downloading and re-installing it... Thank you for your help

-------------------------------------------------- UPDATE --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I followed your steps (LET ME THANK YOU FOR MAKING THAT GUIDE) and now the device is "My HTC" as you show.
Something has changed:
If I type "adb devices" (in PC) when phone is in fastboot, the listing is void (before I got "FA34HW903605 fastboot"), and if I do the same while phone is in recovery, I get the mentioned "FA34HW903605 recovery".

In Windows7 I don't see "My HTC" as a conventional USB storage or Memory of a Camera (should it be?)

I've managed to ADB PUSH a ROM (ARHD) in recovery, but now I get an error message: "Unable to mount '/data' " and "Unable to mount internal storage " then FAILED. Now I'll try flashing a new recovery...

Duwie_80
Old
Thanks Meter 21
WOW WOW WOW!! It was enough for me, sir

1st) Solve comunnication issues as shown in FAQ #2 here
2nd) Solve TWRP recovery mount issues by:
2.a) Installing any other (clockwork) in fastboot using One All In One Kit (eaaaasy)
2.b) Formatting cache, system, data partitions
2.c) Installing TWRP again using One All In One Kit (Android Revolution REQUIRES this recovery)
2.d) Sending the ROM ('adb push your_rom.zip /sdcard/wherever_you_want_it')
2.e) Installing it from TWRP recovery.

An that was all. THANKS A LOT nkk71; without your help I still would be here trying to figure out what's broken... Thanks.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duwie_80 View Post
WOW WOW WOW!! It was enough for me, sir

1st) Solve comunnication issues as shown in FAQ #2 here
2nd) Solve TWRP recovery mount issues by:
2.a) Installing any other (clockwork) in fastboot using One All In One Kit (eaaaasy)
2.b) Formatting cache, system, data partitions
2.c) Installing TWRP again using One All In One Kit (Android Revolution REQUIRES this recovery)
2.d) Sending the ROM ('adb push your_rom.zip /sdcard/wherever_you_want_it')
2.e) Installing it from TWRP recovery.

An that was all. THANKS A LOT nkk71; without your help I still would be here trying to figure out what's broken... Thanks.
no problem, glad to be of help

remember for most 4.4 ROMs, (for m7_u/ul) TWRP 2.6.3.3 (or higher) is recommended at the moment.

though you should be good by downloading it, then checking MD5 to make sure the download isnt corrupt (that site doesnt work with download managers), then:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

-> enter recovery and push the rom
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

foxgre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you all for your support, but still the problem remains.
I have installed HTC Drivers and when i connect the HtcOne i can hear the USB beep from windows but i cannot open the phone like a drive.
In other words i cannot add files to the phone