Remove All Ads from XDA

Insufficient storage space when installing apps

157 posts
Thanks Meter: 74
By Kjricker, Senior Member on 4th April 2014, 11:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is driving me crazy. I keep have storage space issue when trying to install certain apps. Currently I am trying to install Mapfactor. I had it installed previously and just removed it. Now it says I do not have enough space to install it. Storage says I have ~650 mb free. Why can I not install a 9mb app? I have cleared my cache and dalvik and still I get insufficient storage space. I've attached a screenshot of my storage settings.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-04-21-06-12.png
Views:	35
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	2668961  
5th April 2014, 04:01 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
I was just able to install a different app that was 40mb. But, I still can not install the Mapfactor app again. WTF!?

5th April 2014, 04:18 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
So I dug deep and found a Mapfactor file still in /data/app-lib/. Once I deleted that file I was able to reinstall the app.

6th April 2014, 11:14 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 17
I have been having similar issues trying to install apps . I think my data is corrupted with the EMMC BUG

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to bestrooted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bestrooted Ad-Free
6th April 2014, 05:13 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Since my discovery above, I check the /data/app-lib folder if I have any issues installing apps. I had this happen on a couple other apps and each time they had data in that folder. Once I removed that data, the app installs perfectly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread