Ask a question

No registration required

Kit Kat 4.4

OP logikzzz

12th December 2013, 08:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

50 posts
I heard rumor of kit kat 4.4 becoming available for htc one max on Dec 25th. Any confirmation to this? If so, will we need to do anything to a rooted phone to get the oTA update?
The Following User Says Thank You to logikzzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2013, 09:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,880

9,276 posts
Donate to Me
More
where did you hear that?

and, generally speaking, if you want a factory update, you need to bring your phone back to its stock state..
12th December 2013, 09:58 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 235

862 posts
Don't expect kit kat until after the release of the M8

sent from my humongous VZW HTC ONE MAX
12th December 2013, 10:13 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

where did you hear that?

and, generally speaking, if you want a factory update, you need to bring your phone back to its stock state..

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/51673...m#.Uqom8PRDuVM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to logikzzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2013, 05:22 PM   |  #5  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 27

157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by logikzzz

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/51673...m#.Uqom8PRDuVM

Sounds like that article is for Asian versions of the phone.
17th December 2013, 07:51 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

15 posts
More
Maybe the One Max will be different, but on my wife's rooted, unlocked bootloader, & s-off Galaxy Nexus, installing KitKat meant I could either lock on to 3G and make phone calls or obtain 4G lock only but couldn't do both. I stayed up half the night researching it, and apparently KitKat was having problems playing nice with custom rooted devices. I finally had to drop back to 4.3 for the Nexus to operate correctly.

Again your experience could be different, but at least do your research before going forward if/when we ever receive KitKat.
17th December 2013, 08:40 PM   |  #7  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,880

9,276 posts
Donate to Me
More
the OS you are on has nothing to do with it; the only thing that matters is whether you are on a GSM network, or a CDMA..
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2013, 11:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 656

2,008 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeGolfer

Maybe the One Max will be different, but on my wife's rooted, unlocked bootloader, & s-off Galaxy Nexus, installing KitKat meant I could either lock on to 3G and make phone calls or obtain 4G lock only but couldn't do both. I stayed up half the night researching it, and apparently KitKat was having problems playing nice with custom rooted devices. I finally had to drop back to 4.3 for the Nexus to operate correctly.

Again your experience could be different, but at least do your research before going forward if/when we ever receive KitKat.

Don't worry HTC is not going to make their phone & software that bad

I guess it's because the software for the GNex, the AOSP guys would fix those soon

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

On the second thought, The HTC one already has 4.4 for the dev versions and i have not heard any complaints on root.
18th December 2013, 02:27 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Everything I am reading says the One max, is essentially a One with a bigger screen and a fingerprint scanner. Will the One custom roms not work at all on the max? If all the hardware is essentially the same, why wouldn't it work with some ppi tweaks?

BTW, not sure about the Galaxy Nexus, but I have tried two different variations of Kit Kat 4.4 on my One, and both work flawless. I am running the Beanstalk variant now.
Last edited by svt54; 18th December 2013 at 04:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to svt54 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2013, 07:19 AM   |  #10  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 656

2,008 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svt54

Everything I am reading says the One max, is essentially a One with a bigger screen and a fingerprint scanner. Will the One custom roms not work at all on the max? If all the hardware is essentially the same, why wouldn't it work with some ppi tweaks?

BTW, not sure about the Galaxy Nexus, but I have tried two different variations of Kit Kat 4.4 on my One, and both work flawless. I am running the Beanstalk variant now.

Yeah, the custom rom for the one's should run.. I guess someone should just try... Hope to do it in the weekend.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread