(If you have weird issues, use the HLTE_USA_ATT.pit file (this reformat's the phone) But this does not touch your Internal sdcard
Warning !! Never Use the Pit file without installing all the firmware and software If you want your internal sdcard OEM wiped, Boot into stock recovery and do a factory wipeWARNING!! you will loose all your Pictures and files on your Internal sdcard
Odin One File Install
Odin One File Install With Pit File ( Re-formats Your Phone Partitions)
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ** Odin 4 File Install Will be Completely OEM NC2 WARNING!! you will loose all your Pictures and files on your Internal sdcard
Odin 4 File Install
Odin 4 File Install With Pit File ( Re-formats Your Phone Partitions)
THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO TOOK THE NC2 BOOTLOADER (A3) , OR IF YOU WANT TO UPGRADE TO NB2 DO NOT INSTALL IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR OLDER BOOTLOADER !! YOU CANNOT GO BACK !!
If you or stuck at the Download Mode screen because of a bad OTA install, want to just update,want to return phone to factory or for just a Unknown or (I'm not telling) reason it happened
For those who cannot get back to NC2 and MJ5 from a boot issue.
Then You can install this Leaked N900AUCECMGL KitKat that designgears Posted, to get your phone back up running, Then install the NC2 Firmware, to replace MLG firmware
You Cannot Use this Copy of MLG KitKat to down-grade to 4.3 Once You Updated to NC2 KitKat You cannot go back, You are burn to fuse 3 SW REV Check Fail [aboot] Fused 3 Binary 2
Originally Posted by KuRuPtIoN
Hey, I finally got a chance to do what you said, my phone took the ota with no problems at all and fixed the issues I was having. Thanks a lot!
This thread saved my butt two nights ago. Soft bricked my phone and this got me back and running. I'd say this is the other "restore to mj5" thread. I had no ROM on my phone and rebooted then got stuck on galaxy note 3 screen. It's even way easier than the restore to mj5 method. Thank you so much, Carl!
since you did the MGL odin ver 2, you need to just odin install the NC2 firmware to replace MGL's apnhlos
NC2_Bootloader_N900AUCECMLG_VER_3 already had the correct NC2 firmware except the recovery, OTA will patch the recovery
also next time You have trouble with busybox uninstalling, just reboot the phone it will finish, when you try againg it shows it not installed, busybox app bug
Originally Posted by Makman20
Thanks man!!! back on stock %100. i should of read the OP better,
My device was still on mj5. I used Odin and MLG ap and bl to run kk. I was able to revert to jb at anytime with a quick Odin flash. I now have used Carl's guide and upgraded to full NC2. I can no longer return to jb but the system seems to run better now and battery life is much better!
Many thanks to ALL who helped and also provided files and firmware
@larrybigbid for NICE Donation and testing the OTA update
@jreed3786 for last NON modified NC2 backup files (except for the needed Safestrap , BusyBox and ROOT)
@K-Alzwayed for previous NC2 backup files (that fixed missing bin file)
@bri315317 For letting Us use his build.prop that get's Custom NC2 rom's running
@Walter.White for modem.bin and for LOT'S of advice and knowing how to get needed info and firmware
@1Zero3forlife for recovery and NON-HLOS.bin without his help OTA would not have worked
@MrFhenix How he said it could be done After taking the NC2 bootloader!
If I missed anyone please let me know How to FIX a soft brick or Upgrade to NC2 Click HERE
Before Starting !!
YOU MUST Have SafeStrap Recovery installed.
You must have NC2 firmware installed.
1.copy 2400258.zip last OTA to external sdcard
2.copy ATT_Stock_KitKat_N900AATTCNC2_ROOT_OTA.zip to external sdcard ATT_Stock_KitKat_N900AATTCNC2_ROOT_OTA.zip is made from TWRP backup from jreed3786 stock phone, with supersu
3.copy also busybox, safestrap 3.75 to external sd card ( You need them to remove safestrap recovery afterATT_Stock_KitKat_N900AATTCNC2_ROOT_OTA.zip Install's )
4. Install ATT_Stock_KitKat_N900AATTCNC2_ROOT_OTA.zip This removes old ROM and installs all file needed by OTA installer
5. REMEMBER !!! For those with MJ5 and Safestrap 3.71 After phone reboots, boot into download mode and install the NC2 Firmware above (AP_N900AUCECNC2_FIRMWARE.tar.md5.zip)
also make sure you have a copy of SafeStrap 3.75 and BusyBox installer apps on your External SDcard to remove SafeStrap recovery later on...
6.Skip through setting up Rom, used My Files app to install busybox, safestrap 3.75,
7. then install busybox with app,
8. then Uninstall recovery with SafeStrap app,
9. then Uninstall BusyBox with BusyBox app,
10. Go to Application Manager, Uninstall, BusyBox and Safe Strap, Close out Applications manager
11. Use SuperSu to remove root (when supersu complains about knox let it disable it or root won't get removed)
12. verify you have 2400258.zip on external sdcard before you reboot phone, If you do not you will have reboot and put 2400258.zip there.
13. Boot to stock recovery and install the 2400258.zip ( hold Power, Volume UP and menu button until you see blue writing at top of screen then let buttons go)
when it's done your Official Stock Factory NC2
14. Verify by looking at these pictures below they show what 2400258.zip OTA should do.
if you see this picture bellow, then safestrap did not uninstall correctly and replace original e3fsck file.
If you see this picture below, the SuperSu did no uninstall correctly and replace original ddexe
these below show 2400258.zip OTA installing
Do not worry about:
E:unknown volume for path [/sdcard1]
E:unknown volume "/sdcard1"
Quick Jump Start to Upgrade from NB4,MJ5 or to Recover From A Soft Brick
1 install with odin Mirror MEGA AP_NC2_FIRMWARE_N900AUCECMLG.tar.md5 It's inside NC2_Bootloader_N900AUCECMLG_VER_3.zip
2. after Leaked KitKat boots, skip through setup ( this is just to get your phone back)
3. reboot to download mod and odin install Mirror MEGA AP_N900AUCECNC2_RECOVERY.tar.md5
4. Root with Towel Root
5. Install BusyBox
6. Install SafeStrap
7. Install Custom KitKat ROM
(If you have weird issues, use the HLTE_USA_ATT.pit file (this reformat's the phone))
Warning !! Never Use the Pit file without installing all the firmware and software (AP_NC2_FIRMWARE_N900AUCECMLG.tar.md5)
All files install with the one AP_NC2_FIRMWARE_N900AUCECMLG.tar.md5 aboot.mbn,boot.img,modem.bin,NON-HLOS.bin,rpm.mbn,sbl1.mbn,sdi.mbn,tz.mbn Firmware files from NC2 OTA Update, recovery and all other files or from MGL leaked kitkat
Stock KitKat rom , All Credit to designgears for uploading Leaked KitKat MLG Rom
Before You Install Read all you can about Installing Odin and stock Recovery on your phone. I am not responsible if anything happens to your device
--------------------------------------------------------------You can Also USE This Odin Installer For Fast Update to KitKat From Any Previous Firmware And Jump Straight to Custom Rom's-------------------------------------------------------------
Face_Plant ROM Install Procedure
1. Download NC2_Bootloader_N900AUCECMLG_VER_3.zip from the OP (should be ~1.5 gigs)
2. Once the file finishes downloading, right click and select "extract all".
3. Open the extracted folder and click on Odin3 v3.09.
4. Boot into Odin/download mode (volume down/home/power button all at the same time) and plug your phone into your PC (I used the USB 3.0 cable, but any USB cable should work).
5. Load AP_NC2_FIRMWARE_N900AUCECMLG.tar.md5 into the AP slot in Odin, click start, and wait for it to finish.
6. Your phone will boot up. Skip or complete the set up stuff. It's up to you.Odin should say "pass" (Give it time)
7. Root with Towelroot, install BusyBox and Safestrap, and get back to flashing!
Picture's or from previous Install, I will Update soon..
Unzip NC2_Bootloader_N900AUCECMGL_VER_3.zip to prefered folder
Have phone in Download Mode
Start Odin, Click AP
Make sure your screen looks like photo below, Auto Reboot , F.Reset Time and AP checked, Binary Size = 2360.1MB
Do Not Check Re-Partition (Leave Unchecked)
Click Start if everything is ok
1. Download and install Busybox from the Play Store.
2. Download and install Safestrap v3.72
3. Open Safestrap and click on "install recovery"
4. Reboot and you should see a screen with a robot thing on it. Press the button on the lower left of the screen to boot into Safestrap
5. Make a backup of your stock ROM
6. Go to wipe and do a factory reset
7. Go to install and select the ROM you wish to install
8. Reboot after it's done installing
1. I recommend saving all backups to your external SD card in case you accidentally wipe your internal storage
2. NEVER USE THE FORMAT DATA FEATURE!!! This will completely wipeout the stock slot on your phone and brick it. You will not be able to boot into Safestrap to recover (ask me how I know....)
You can use the ROM slots, but the reboot menu will not work. You have to pull the battery to shut it down. You will also get notifications that you're running out of storage. I looked at the storage info in settings after getting this notification and it said ~25 gigs were required to run the ROM as opposed to the 6GB or so that's normally required.
It works on a bricked Note 3 AT&T after stock KitKat upgrade
Nothing else worked for me - dozens of "unbrick Note 3 AT&T" threads had the same outdated info and files, which the new bootloader of AT&T KitKat would not take. The phone was simply stuck in boot loop - neither system nor recovery would not boot. The only thing I could do was enter the Odin download mode with Volume down + Home + Power keys. Carl helped me with this file, flashed with Odin as described at the start of this thread and my phone started working at once. The system was upgraded to the leaked KitKat Android 4.4.2. My data was not lost nor the phone was reset, even after I flashed sec_csc.zip under recovery (I used adb sideload method, but it's not relevant, flashing from SD card or phone memory would probably work the same).
Thank you again, Carl, for your patience, preparing and uploading this huge file for us!!! You are really a very smart person to figure all of this out and get us out of a tight corner!
---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------
Originally Posted by carl1961
yes, been watching for it
I'll be rather watching for a root method for my phone, and when this is back, will see if I can get CyanogenMod working on my Note 3, or something similar (maybe OmniROM will start supporting it too?) Don't want anything from AT&T anymore, if I can avoid it! In the future probably won't buy another Samsung device.
As we’ve said inthe past, there are quite a few calculators available on Android. … more
22 Aug 2014
By Will Verduzco
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?