Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Razr M - How to find a Developer Edition

Tip us?

lowerhater
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Razr M - How to find a Developer Edition

Hello all,

I have a RAZR M that I still love. I was able to unlock the bootloader before the Moto update that undid it.

Issue is that this phone will shutdown or freeze occasionally (about once per day) when not used for long periods. Especially annoying when I'm expecting an alarm in the morning.

-------------------
So I can't update it to, perhaps fix the issue; I have put various ROMS on it so that didn't solve the issue.

I'd love to get a Developer edition, with an easily unlockable boot loader; but have been unable to source one. On eBay, every posting I've seen listing Developer Editions has been incorrect. They posted the wrong specs.

Any advice?

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowerhater View Post
Hello all,

I have a RAZR M that I still love. I was able to unlock the bootloader before the Moto update that undid it.

Issue is that this phone will shutdown or freeze occasionally (about once per day) when not used for long periods. Especially annoying when I'm expecting an alarm in the morning.

-------------------
So I can't update it to, perhaps fix the issue; I have put various ROMS on it so that didn't solve the issue.

I'd love to get a Developer edition, with an easily unlockable boot loader; but have been unable to source one. On eBay, every posting I've seen listing Developer Editions has been incorrect. They posted the wrong specs.

Any advice?
Once ul'ed you have a "dev ed". Feel free to update.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.

AndyYan
Old
Thanks Meter 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
Once ul'ed you have a "dev ed". Feel free to update.
Agreed. Your M now has the same potential as a DevEdition device. If there's freeze and other issues across all ROMs you use, chances are 1) hardware failure (very unlikely), or 2) something's wrong in hoe you use your phone.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Sony Xperia SP (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Samsung Galaxy Gear (Null_ Build 23)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch (CM10.2 Nightly + GS3 Addon)
Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 (CM10.2 Nightly)
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)
Nokia N97-1 (RM-505 22.0.110 Pre-Hacked)

Quote:
Multi-core smartphones are like M&Ms:
They don't melt on the store shelf... Just in your hands.

omar.anayat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hey

I have a Motorola's testing unit. It has Bootloader status '0'. It has "NOT FOR SALE", "MOTOROLA MOBILITY CONFIDENTIAL RESTRICTED PROPERTY", and identification codes inscribed on the bezel. I very rare phone. Send me an email at omar.anayat@gmail.com if you're interested.

thedude59
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yeah I have a retail m that was unlocked, and I have no issues at all, I am running a 4.1.2 deodexed rom

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk