Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S3 mini battery problem

Tip us?

evildog1
Old
(Last edited by evildog1; 3rd April 2014 at 02:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default Galaxy S3 mini battery problem

Hello

I have a problem. when i recharge my phone from 1% to 39% without using the phone. it just stop recharging and discharge instead.. to 36% . i rebooted the phone to restart recharging and i lost -14% so it have 22% left. when my battery got 50% and i reboot one more. the battery got glitched and get +30% more power so it have 80%. i don't know what's going on with the battery. my phone is rooted and i lost warranty... what to do?

normally the battery should not give itself 20-30% more power or lose power when reboot.

UPDATE: My battery is a little bit swollen now. i'm gonna to buy the new battery.

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6653

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildog1 View Post
Hello

I have a problem. when i recharge my phone from 1% to 39% without using the phone. it just stop recharging and discharge instead.. to 36% . i rebooted the phone to restart recharging and i lost -14% so it have 22% left. when my battery got 50% and i reboot one more. the battery got glitched and get +30% more power so it have 80%. i don't know what's going on with the battery. my phone is rooted and i lost warranty... what to do?

normally the battery should not give itself 20-30% more power or lose power when reboot.

I don't understand very well what you're saying, anyway are you using the default charger or other!? The default battery or a chinese () one!? Which rom!? Give more useful info please.

evildog1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam View Post

I don't understand very well what you're saying, anyway are you using the default charger or other!? The default battery or a chinese () one!? Which rom!? Give more useful info please.
I'm using original Samsung charger, original Samsung battery made my china (NOT replacement) and stock rom.

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
I'm using original Samsung charger, original Samsung battery made my china (NOT replacement) and stock rom.
sounds like it's time for a battery replacement to me. something similar happened to me about 6 months ago and a new battery fixed it

evildog1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97 View Post
sounds like it's time for a battery replacement to me. something similar happened to me about 6 months ago and a new battery fixed it
oh, ok. i don't buy a new battery until the battery is broken/completely dead.

mkflawless
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
oh, ok. i don't buy a new battery until the battery is broken/completely dead.
You could also find yourself some batteries on Ebay. Found mine on it, it's been working perfectly ever since. Don't wait until some kind of accident happens.

evildog1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkflawless View Post
You could also find yourself some batteries on Ebay. Found mine on it, it's been working perfectly ever since. Don't wait until some kind of accident happens.
No no I don't trust Ebay. they can have fake things, like fake china iphone, fake china galaxy, etc. i will buy the original battery in my local store mytrendyphone.dk

NiZii.
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
No no I don't trust Ebay. they can have fake things, like fake china iphone, fake china galaxy, etc. i will buy the original battery in my local store mytrendyphone.dk
That's right, there are a few original ones on EBay. But I think if you want the smallest chance on a fake battery, you better look at the phone stores themself.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app
Rooted HTC One X+
Philz Touch 6.19.3 - ClockWorkMod v6.0.4.7
Custom ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightly (KitKat 4.4.2)

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiZii. View Post
That's right, there are a few original ones on EBay. But I think if you want the smallest chance on a fake battery, you better look at the phone stores themself.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app
You can buy a 1700mah battery from the Galaxy Ace II. That's what I have and no complaints so far

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Device : Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
ROM : ^S5style_i8190XXANC2_v4^ (by @Galaxy Mini)
Recovery : TWRP 2.7.1.1 (by @Android-Andi)
Kernel : Stock 3.0.31 ANF3
Baseband : I8190XXANF3

NiZii.
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97 View Post
You can buy a 1700mah battery from the Galaxy Ace II. That's what I have and no complaints so far

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Oh nice, didn't expect that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk
Rooted HTC One X+
Philz Touch 6.19.3 - ClockWorkMod v6.0.4.7
Custom ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightly (KitKat 4.4.2)