[Q] Can't Root My Phone! Help!!

22nd March 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I have the S3 Mini for Verizon (SM-G730V)
I rooted my phone a while back but my phone updated this month and it automatically unrooted. I tried using Kingo to root it because it had worked previously but I got an error saying "NEEDROOT"
I've been searching for a program ever since, but every one I've tried doesn't work. One even hard reset my phone
Does anyone know a root method that works for my phone??
22nd March 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 173

582 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonBullet9

I have the S3 Mini for Verizon (SM-G730V)
I rooted my phone a while back but my phone updated this month and it automatically unrooted. I tried using Kingo to root it because it had worked previously but I got an error saying "NEEDROOT"
I've been searching for a program ever since, but every one I've tried doesn't work. One even hard reset my phone
Does anyone know a root method that works for my phone??

Try to use vroot
22nd March 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed.ragab

Try to use vroot

I did, with no luck. I also tried various other programs, like one click, odin, and phone apps like poot. None seem to work with my phone.
22nd March 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 180

550 posts
More
Quote:

I did, with no luck. I also tried various other programs, like one click, odin, and phone apps like poot. None seem to work with my phone.

why not just flash a custom rom with odin? you could try cyanogenmod though the 11 version maybe has hard battery drain. carbon should be fine though! then you also have kitkat 4,4,2

good luck... click the thanks button if you think this is useful
22nd March 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 173

582 posts
More
Quote:

if you have custom recovery try to flash this file and see if it will work

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r2...3-Recovery.zip
22nd March 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronuser

why not just flash a custom rom with odin? you could try cyanogenmod though the 11 version maybe has hard battery drain. carbon should be fine though! then you also have kitkat 4,4,2

good luck... click the thanks button if you think this is useful

Flashing ROMs thought Odin is inconvenient, I'd prefer to just root the phone for ease of use.

I think I found the source of the problem:
When I was using vRoot, it said that I didn't have 'root permission' and gave me a how-to in order to solve that problem. However it was in Chinese so I couldn't figure it out. Is it possible that I just need to find a way to get root permission for my phone? How do I get permission?
22nd March 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed.ragab

if you have custom recovery try to flash this file and see if it will work

Nope, doesn't have the correct files for Odin (PDA, Phone, CSC...)
22nd March 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 180

550 posts
More
Quote:

Flashing ROMs thought Odin is inconvenient, I'd prefer to just root the phone for ease of use.

I think I found the source of the problem:
When I was using vRoot, it said that I didn't have 'root permission' and gave me a how-to in order to solve that problem. However it was in Chinese so I couldn't figure it out. Is it possible that I just need to find a way to get root permission for my phone? How do I get permission?

there is an english version of vroot too now check it here http://www.mgyun.com/en/getvroot

if you consider this useful please click thanks button under my post thanks
Last edited by Aronuser; 22nd March 2014 at 10:39 PM.
22nd March 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronuser

there is an english version of vroot too now check it here

if you consider this useful please click thanks button under my post thanks

The English version is a little broken, not all of it is in English. I'm talking about the app they have for the phone. I downloaded it and it said it couldn't root my phone (at least that's what I think it said it was all Chinese) and it gave me a list of instructions I couldn't understand. I already tried the English vRoot and it didn't work.
22nd March 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 40

72 posts
IMHO best way how to root your phone is by flashing custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) via Odin and then by flashing root binaries from recovery.
Last edited by Gw|n; 22nd March 2014 at 11:11 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread