Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Noob question. How to change the DPI?

OP chuko303

6th April 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag colorado
Thanks Meter: 399

2,126 posts
More
Hello so I was on a rom that had its own app to change DPI fast and easy I fell in love with 360 dpi and really want that instead of the 480 standard. Everything seems so big now I like it way better when the screen looks slim. Not bulky

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
6th April 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuko303

Hello so I was on a rom that had its own app to change DPI fast and easy I fell in love with 360 dpi and really want that instead of the 480 standard. Everything seems so big now I like it way better when the screen looks slim. Not bulky

You can change it manually by editing the build.prop. It's located in the "/system" folder. You then edit the line "ro.sf.lcd_density=480" (without quotes) to whatever you'd like. Such as ""ro.sf.lcd_density=360" (again, without quotes) to get the desired density.

There are also a few apps that help with this.

You can use Xposed Framework and the "App Settings" module therein to alter the DPI of individual app, such as the system app itself.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thanatos355 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag colorado
Thanks Meter: 399

2,126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos355

You can change it manually by editing the build.prop. It's located in the "/system" folder. You then edit the line "ro.sf.lcd_density=480" (without quotes) to whatever you'd like. Such as ""ro.sf.lcd_density=360" (again, without quotes) to get the desired density.

There are also a few apps that help with this.

You can use Xposed Framework and the "App Settings" module therein to alter the DPI of individual app, such as the system app itself.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe.

Thanks man much obliged

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread