5,814,981 Members 41,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Noob question. How to change the DPI?

Tip us?

chuko303
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 399
Default Noob question. How to change the DPI?

Hello so I was on a rom that had its own app to change DPI fast and easy I fell in love with 360 dpi and really want that instead of the 480 standard. Everything seems so big now I like it way better when the screen looks slim. Not bulky

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanatos355
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuko303 View Post
Hello so I was on a rom that had its own app to change DPI fast and easy I fell in love with 360 dpi and really want that instead of the 480 standard. Everything seems so big now I like it way better when the screen looks slim. Not bulky

You can change it manually by editing the build.prop. It's located in the "/system" folder. You then edit the line "ro.sf.lcd_density=480" (without quotes) to whatever you'd like. Such as ""ro.sf.lcd_density=360" (again, without quotes) to get the desired density.

There are also a few apps that help with this.

You can use Xposed Framework and the "App Settings" module therein to alter the DPI of individual app, such as the system app itself.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thanatos355 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chuko303
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos355 View Post
You can change it manually by editing the build.prop. It's located in the "/system" folder. You then edit the line "ro.sf.lcd_density=480" (without quotes) to whatever you'd like. Such as ""ro.sf.lcd_density=360" (again, without quotes) to get the desired density.

There are also a few apps that help with this.

You can use Xposed Framework and the "App Settings" module therein to alter the DPI of individual app, such as the system app itself.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe.
Thanks man much obliged