Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Baseband] Flashable .zip APQ8064T/MDM9X15M

Tip us?

donalgodon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 655
Default [Baseband] Flashable .zip APQ8064T/MDM9X15M

Just in case anyone is interested, I pulled the APQ8064T/MDM9X15M modem via adb and put it into a flashable .zip

I have never seen this modem anywhere, so I thought I'd share it for those who might want it. If you are on AT&T, you don't probably need or want to flash it, but other networks in other parts of the world, including parts of North America (Mexico) and all of Central America, etc. do use it.

It's direclty from the Panama Stock 980h ROM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsmzadre9k...M9X15M-CWM.zip
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900)
ROM: [KitKat][4.4.2] Stock N900UBUDND1 APR 17, 2014 CF-Auto-Root
RADIO: N900UBUDNC1
KERNEL: Stock
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.4.7
WARRANTY BIT: 1

TABLET: Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Stock

Quote:
“He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.” Proverbs 18:13
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to donalgodon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

esimon311
Old
Thanks Meter 482

DONATE TO ME
I'm running the Panama Rom on my e980, I have flashed the AT$T Baseband and my modem says the same thing could they both run the same modem?

Sent from my LG-E980h using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384291055088.jpg
Views:	1489
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	2388471  

donalgodon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by esimon311 View Post
I'm running the Panama Rom on my e980, I have flashed the AT$T Baseband and my modem says the same thing could they both run the same modem?

Sent from my LG-E980h using xda app-developers app
I don't think so. I think what's much more likely is that the modem flashing ability on this device via CWM is non-functional, and anyone who thinks they've flashed a different modem that way actually hasn't successfully done so.

I have been wrestling with the RILJ issue related to my network, and as I understand it, in CM/AOSP, the modem string is just a placeholder. It's not a reflection of the actual modem, but in Stock ROMs, I don't think that's the case, because when I was on Stock AT&T, my modem behaved differently than when on Stock Panama.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900)
ROM: [KitKat][4.4.2] Stock N900UBUDND1 APR 17, 2014 CF-Auto-Root
RADIO: N900UBUDNC1
KERNEL: Stock
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.4.7
WARRANTY BIT: 1

TABLET: Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Stock

Quote:
“He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.” Proverbs 18:13

esimon311
Old
Thanks Meter 482

DONATE TO ME
The modem.img in your zip is larger then the one in my AT$t V10G zip also...

esimon311
Old
Thanks Meter 482

DONATE TO ME
Niw im back on stock AT$T and this is my modem#
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-13-09-25-02.png
Views:	1013
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	2389940  

cynosure4sure
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon View Post
I don't think so. I think what's much more likely is that the modem flashing ability on this device via CWM is non-functional, and anyone who thinks they've flashed a different modem that way actually hasn't successfully done so.

I have been wrestling with the RILJ issue related to my network, and as I understand it, in CM/AOSP, the modem string is just a placeholder. It's not a reflection of the actual modem, but in Stock ROMs, I don't think that's the case, because when I was on Stock AT&T, my modem behaved differently than when on Stock Panama.
hmmm.....my F240K shows exactly the same baseband on stock i.e. APQ8064T/MDM9X15M....wonder if they are the same...

also if CWM is not flashing modem properly...how can you be sure that you have flashed it?

in CM/AOSP ROMs if modem string is placeholder is that because these ROMs don't flash a modem?

esimon311
Old
Thanks Meter 482

DONATE TO ME
I noticed that the panama modem says AP08064T and the stock AT$T modem AP08064.
The "T" is he only difference in the displayed name. So I can see how it might be confusing lol.....

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to esimon311 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hitekredneck
Old
(Last edited by hitekredneck; 18th November 2013 at 01:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 340

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynosure4sure View Post
hmmm.....my F240K shows exactly the same baseband on stock i.e. APQ8064T/MDM9X15M....wonder if they are the same...

also if CWM is not flashing modem properly...how can you be sure that you have flashed it?

in CM/AOSP ROMs if modem string is placeholder is that because these ROMs don't flash a modem?
My suggestion would be to flash the hacked TWRP recovery by MadMack, it can be found in the CM10.2 Unofficial thread. I have used this recovery from day one and have had no problems whatsoever.

Link to Hacked TWRP by MadMack -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1378908893

It is my understanding, that this recovery is for CM or AOSP based ROM's. I think you must use the CWM or TWRP that are included in FreeGee to flash the Stock ROM variants.
LG Optimus G Pro - CM11
Samsung SGS II Skyrocket - CM11
HTC Vivid - Team Codefire - De-Sensed ICS with KozmiKKernel RC1
B&N Nook Tablet 16GB - CM10.2
Nexus 7 - AOSP 4.4
Asus Transformer - CM10.1
B&N Nook Color - CM9 Stable OC'd @ 1.2
HD2 T9193 - Sold
HTC Inspire - Stolen
The Following User Says Thank You to hitekredneck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

esimon311
Old
Thanks Meter 482

DONATE TO ME
I installed the hacked TWRP and my modem still doesn't change when I flash a different modem.

aatish
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by esimon311 View Post
I installed the hacked TWRP and my modem still doesn't change when I flash a different modem.
I have 240L and I really hated the call to korea and other korean network apps on my phone. I wanted to flash some basic stock rom like panama or telcell. but whenever i flashed stock i didn't get my modem to work so I used cwm to flash modem. I have used LOKI recovery and one another apk which is available for download on xda.
In panama and telcell i do get the signal but whenever I tried to make a call my phone restarts. I tried plenty of time then I got tired and flashed a custom rom from Lamhoang ... its working fine but I dont' like the HKFriend kernel its slow!
I still wish if I could get the stock original rom to work with some flashable modem....

one more thing I have 32 gb phone with SD card and in some stock roms i get the 32gb rom but i never got my sd card working.