FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery not charging past 49%

418 posts
Thanks Meter: 171

By chico260, Senior Member on 31st March 2014, 12:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Noticed yesterday that battery was charging really slow an was actually loosing percentage while on the charger .. so it finally died .. I plugged it in while it was off an I did get the battery icon with the animated dots indicating it was charging .. I powered up left it on the charger for about 5 hrs while I slept .. woke up an was only at 50% .. Not sure if theirs a fix .. on latest update nc5d an k3 version 2

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Last edited by chico260; 31st March 2014 at 02:40 PM.

1st April 2014, 05:19 AM |#2  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 108

More
I had that problem, was the charging cord. The off brand USB 3.0 charger I bought off of Amazon stopped charging my phone.

Since the battery completely died, you could try getting a new battery, but sometimes it just needs to be dusted off as well.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by Yoshi1221; 1st April 2014 at 05:25 AM.
1st April 2014, 05:24 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi1221

I had that problem, was the charging cord. The off brand USB 3.0 charger I bought off Amazon made it where it stopped charging.

It's the original outta the box cord ... but I did troubleshoot an figured it's the cord ... I plugged a different micro USB into the Samsung box that plugs into the wall an my phone is charging now .. gonna try an take it to sprint ... weird thing is .. that when the 3.0 original cord is plugged in .. odin reads it .. it just don't charge my device

1st April 2014, 05:30 AM |#4  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico260

It's the original outta the box cord ... but I did troubleshoot an figured it's the cord ... I plugged a different micro USB into the Samsung box that plugs into the wall an my phone is charging now .. gonna try an take it to sprint ... weird thing is .. that when the 3.0 original cord is plugged in .. odin reads it .. it just don't charge my device

Try taking out the battery and cleaning the area it charges with a cloth, I do that once in a blue moon, lol.

2nd April 2014, 02:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 334

More
Does the battery spin? Put the battery on a hard flat surface. Spin it on both sides. If it spins freely then the cells could be bulging and the battery is on its way out. If that's the case replace it immediately. These types of batteries are dangerous when they start bulging and could start a fire. It might be a cable but it wouldn't hurt to check the battery too.
The Following User Says Thank You to oscarthegrouch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oscarthegrouch Ad-Free
2nd April 2014, 02:05 PM |#6  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 546

More
It could very well be your kernel. I've had that happen before. Actually lost charge while on charger. Wipe your caches in recovery reinstall kernel and cross fingers

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)