Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keyboard with clipboard capabilities like Stock keyboard?

Tip us?
 
xbmoyx
Old
#1  
xbmoyx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 565
Posts: 2,208
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Keyboard with clipboard capabilities like Stock keyboard?

I truly cannot stand the stock Sammy keyboard I usually use Google keyboard mostly because the auto correction is better. The only problem is the Google keyboard doesn't have the clipboard capability like the Sammy keyboard does. Is there another keyboard with this clipboard setting and aggressive auto correction?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
xbmoyx
Old
#2  
xbmoyx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 565
Posts: 2,208
Join Date: Aug 2011
Forgot to add screenshot.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1395081072313.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	2635703

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
DarkManX4lf
Old
#3  
DarkManX4lf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 294
Posts: 2,930
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC
Swift key has good auto correction. I don't think it has the clipboard function though.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkManX4lf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
benjaminclaw
Old
#4  
benjaminclaw's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 54
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Swype has clipboard function. It's my favorite keyboard. I found that Swiftkey would sometimes lag when swyping which would lead to errors. They have some themes you can use and adjust the height of the keyboard to suit your fingers and size of phone, which is good with the Note 3 since too high can be hard to manage and a big screen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benjaminclaw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Sparc29
Old
#5  
Sparc29's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminclaw View Post
Swype has clipboard function. It's my favorite keyboard. I found that Swiftkey would sometimes lag when swyping which would lead to errors. They have some themes you can use and adjust the height of the keyboard to suit your fingers and size of phone, which is good with the Note 3 since too high can be hard to manage and a big screen.
I am looking for the clipboard feature as well. I will give swype a try.
 
xbmoyx
Old
#6  
xbmoyx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 565
Posts: 2,208
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminclaw View Post
Swype has clipboard function. It's my favorite keyboard. I found that Swiftkey would sometimes lag when swyping which would lead to errors. They have some themes you can use and adjust the height of the keyboard to suit your fingers and size of phone, which is good with the Note 3 since too high can be hard to manage and a big screen.
When I said clipboard I also ment clipboard history also. The stock Samsung clipboard has literally everything you have ever copied into the clipboard and you pick which one you need. In Swype all I'm finding is a copy and paste option no history, or am I missing something? The first attachment is the Stock Samsung keyboard with the clipboard history and the 2nd is Swype. Thanks for the reply also.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1395877082002.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	2652326
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1395877100075.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	2652327

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
benjaminclaw
Old
#7  
benjaminclaw's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 54
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Yes, I see what you mean. I thought about that right after I posted my reply. You are correct I think that it doesn't have a history. I will take a look at other keyboard and see if I can find one that does. You're right that it would be useful.

Galaxy Note running MiniN3 Maximus 5.8
Note 3 running ViSiON-X (NAB 4.4.2)
The Following User Says Thank You to benjaminclaw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xbmoyx
Old
#8  
xbmoyx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 565
Posts: 2,208
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminclaw View Post
Yes, I see what you mean. I thought about that right after I posted my reply. You are correct I think that it doesn't have a history. I will take a look at other keyboard and see if I can find one that does. You're right that it would be useful.

Galaxy Note running MiniN3 Maximus 5.8
Yeah it kinda reminds me of a cable remote how you can hit the last button if you don't want what you currently have selected. Could you image a remote control without a last button? Pure hell. Why can't these damn remotes have a 3 or 4 last channels also 2 to switch from isn't enough. Ok rant done.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
BclingergFJ
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 169
Join Date: Sep 2008
Look at Clipper.

Sent via my Note 8
The Following User Says Thank You to BclingergFJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Resolute Blue Old
#10  
Guest
Thanks Meter
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmoyx View Post
When I said clipboard I also ment clipboard history also. The stock Samsung clipboard has literally everything you have ever copied into the clipboard and you pick which one you need. In Swype all I'm finding is a copy and paste option no history, or am I missing something? The first attachment is the Stock Samsung keyboard with the clipboard history and the 2nd is Swype. Thanks for the reply also.
Attachment 2652326
Attachment 2652327

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
I'm curious what the practical benefits of maintaining a long history of your clipboard would be? I'm always on the lookout for the smallest positive adjustments to my daily usage of my mobile device.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes