Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,928 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't get Visual VoiceMail to work ? [solved]

Tip us?

Max_Pain
Old
(Last edited by Max_Pain; 4th April 2014 at 07:17 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331
Default Can't get Visual VoiceMail to work ? [solved]

I searched for this and found no answer. Sorry for yet another question thread but the issues just seem to keep adding up with this phone.

I'm having trouble launching the visual voicemail. When I hit "Next" to setup the inbox, it gives me an error box with the following message "Your subscription cannot be completed at this time. Please visit my.t-mobile.com or call 611. "

Google searches suggest that I don't have it on my line - the my.t-mobile shows that both my Note III and my wife's have the feature included. Google also suggested force stopping and clearing data for the app. Did that. No difference.

I'm rooted on stock deodex with lean kernel. My wife is fully stock, no root or anything. Neither of us are able to use this damn voicemail thing.

any ideas?

All solved now...T-Mobile in their infinite wisdom had failed to initialize the voicemail boxes on either phone. So no wonder the regular or visual voicemails weren't working.
HTC Wizard -> HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy S4 (wife) -> Samsung Galaxy Note II -> Samsung Galaxy Note III

flbas
Old
(Last edited by flbas; 4th April 2014 at 07:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Pain View Post
I searched for this and found no answer. Sorry for yet another question thread but the issues just seem to keep adding up with this phone.

I'm having trouble launching the visual voicemail. When I hit "Next" to setup the inbox, it gives me an error box with the following message "Your subscription cannot be completed at this time. Please visit my.t-mobile.com or call 611. "

Google searches suggest that I don't have it on my line - the my.t-mobile shows that both my Note III and my wife's have the feature included. Google also suggested force stopping and clearing data for the app. Did that. No difference.

I'm rooted on stock deodex with lean kernel. My wife is fully stock, no root or anything. Neither of us are able to use this damn voicemail thing.

any ideas?
do you still have stock messaging app? VMM relies on the stock messaging app (not hangouts) to know when a new message comes in. Or, you can try Google Voice. it is a better experience, in my opinion. Note: I am on TMO, and know that Sprint is the same.

Max_Pain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331
Yeah I still do. It was T-Mobile being so good at what they do they never activated the voicemail boxes on either phone when we activated the lines

Now it's all working. My wife wanted Google Voicemail but it hadn't worked for her. Probably because of this same issue.

Thanks.
HTC Wizard -> HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy S4 (wife) -> Samsung Galaxy Note II -> Samsung Galaxy Note III