Android System seriously draining LG G2 battery after KitKat 4.4.2 update.

OP jzmx

4th April 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So my Mum got her LG G2 the other day, it had Jelly Bean installed stock and she got the KitKat update a few days afterwards, it's the UK version bought from Carphone Warehouse with a Vodafone Contract if that makes any difference.

On Jelly Bean, Google Play services was draining all the battery, ever since KitKat we've now got Android System draining the battery.

This is seriously pissing me off as I cannot see full wakelock statistics now without root thanks to kitkat, which I'm not going to do by the way.
What is wrong with this phone? I have posted an album below with all the battery statistics I can show you, I don't want to return the device as it's not worth the hassle.

Is there ANYTHING I can do without root to solve this? Any common issues I might not be aware of? By the way, the screen on time is equivalent to 50% per hour, about 14% of total usage.

Imgur album: imgur (dot) com/a/cSNGb

Just to clarify again, Android system is doubling screen on time, this is not normal and the G2 should get way more than 2 hours screen on time.
4th April 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
More
Try BetterBatteryStats and GSam Battery monitor (don't know if it's useful on non-rooted KK). Check fast dormancy status in hidden menu and try disabling it. Disable profile sync, too. You have a lot of partial wakelocks, so check background apps.
Last edited by SimpleX91; 4th April 2014 at 08:57 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread