Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[WIP][HELP]MobileData Toggle on 4.4.2 i337m

12th March 2014, 05:27 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ensenada, Baja California
Thanks Meter: 244
 
361 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Is there any way to enable MobileData toggle on 4.4.2 Canadian Galaxy s4 (i337m)

In the T-Mobile forums I found this tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post43042030

But when I try to edit with SQLite Editor, it displays an Error (Error 14)

Well... I tried other way to edit via Ubuntu without success, but I have some clues based on the thread above:
  • In data/data/com.android.providers.settings/database you will find settings.db
  • Open with SQLite Database Browser and go to "Browser Data" tab
  • Select "System" in table and scroll down until you find this value name: notification_panel_active_app_list
  • In "value" you will find all the features enabled (Wifi;Location;SilentMode...etc.)
  • But if you put "MobileData;" after "AirplaneMode" value, save and pull to the original place fixing permissions with root explorer, you will get a eternal Samsung logo after reboot... so

Is there a way to enable toogles in Quick Settings?
Last edited by vicl89; 13th March 2014 at 11:53 PM.
 
 
13th March 2014, 11:52 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ensenada, Baja California
Thanks Meter: 244
 
361 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika71

Added only MobileData;

Does it works in your device?
18th March 2014, 10:18 AM |#4  
Spacemonkie4207's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 801
 
2,701 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicl89

Is there any way to enable MobileData toggle on 4.4.2 Canadian Galaxy s4 (i337m)

In the T-Mobile forums I found this tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post43042030

But when I try to edit with SQLite Editor, it displays an Error (Error 14)

Well... I tried other way to edit via Ubuntu without success, but I have some clues based on the thread above:

  • In data/data/com.android.providers.settings/database you will find settings.db
  • Open with SQLite Database Browser and go to "Browser Data" tab
  • Select "System" in table and scroll down until you find this value name: notification_panel_active_app_list
  • In "value" you will find all the features enabled (Wifi;Location;SilentMode...etc.)
  • But if you put "MobileData;" after "AirplaneMode" value, save and pull to the original place fixing permissions with root explorer, you will get a eternal Samsung logo after reboot... so

Is there a way to enable toogles in Quick Settings?

What I did was replace system.apk and system.odex. backed them up and replaced with system.apk grin Maple Leaf ROM.

This showed me to use the sqlite editor method.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Spacemonkie4207 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 10:46 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ensenada, Baja California
Thanks Meter: 244
 
361 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkie4207

What I did was replace system.apk and system.odex. backed them up and replaced with system.apk grin Maple Leaf ROM.

This showed me to use the sqlite editor method.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Can you upload the apk in a server please? Did it work for you? Please send me some screenshots if you can. Thanks!
19th March 2014, 08:44 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Talking I resolved
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicl89

Is there any way to enable MobileData toggle on 4.4.2 Canadian Galaxy s4 (i337m)

In the T-Mobile forums I found this tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post43042030

But when I try to edit with SQLite Editor, it displays an Error (Error 14)

Well... I tried other way to edit via Ubuntu without success, but I have some clues based on the thread above:

  • In data/data/com.android.providers.settings/database you will find settings.db
  • Open with SQLite Database Browser and go to "Browser Data" tab
  • Select "System" in table and scroll down until you find this value name: notification_panel_active_app_list
  • In "value" you will find all the features enabled (Wifi;Location;SilentMode...etc.)
  • But if you put "MobileData;" after "AirplaneMode" value, save and pull to the original place fixing permissions with root explorer, you will get a eternal Samsung logo after reboot... so

Is there a way to enable toogles in Quick Settings?



Try with this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ueller.dbadmin
The Following User Says Thank You to Superman19 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 07:37 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ensenada, Baja California
Thanks Meter: 244
 
361 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman19

Try with this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ueller.dbadmin

Thanks! it worked
2nd April 2014, 12:24 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
280 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicl89

Thanks! it worked

I cant make it, maybe Im not using correctly the SQLite Debugger app. Please help me.
Last edited by altitud63; 2nd April 2014 at 12:27 AM.
2nd April 2014, 03:14 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ensenada, Baja California
Thanks Meter: 244
 
361 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by altitud63

I cant make it, maybe Im not using correctly the SQLite Debugger app. Please help me.

In my case the SQLite app didn't work for me, try SQLite Debugger and problem solved!
2nd April 2014, 06:52 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
280 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicl89

In my case the SQLite app didn't work for me, try SQLite Debugger and problem solved!

Thats the one Im using, I do the changes, but when I restart still there is no Data Toogle ...I will keep trying.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes