Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,326 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom Rom wont boot with Safestrap

Tip us?

BlackXLR8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Custom Rom wont boot with Safestrap

I recently had some problems with being stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy S4" splash screen. Everything was fixed once I installed the .Tar files and can now go into the stock rom with ease. I rooted it again, and with Safestrap 3.6.5 it shows that DARTHSTALKER X1 is successful in installing but when I reboot it after Safestrap says "success" it goes form the "Samsung Galaxy S4" plash screen to a blank/black screen and the blue indicator lighter turns on. I've wiped the Rom slot1 (dalvik, system, data, cashe, etc). And i've deleted the ROM slot too and installed it again but it has not worked.
I was using the previous version of DARTHSTALKER but wanted more room and that is when my phone was stuck on the splash screen. I dont know what to do, maybe its the new ROM build or something messed up. Maybe i need a hard reset or im misssing a kernal? I need help guys. It still boots up to the stock ROM easily, but I dont know how to make it work. I've tried wiping it and reinstalling it about 5 times. I've also reinstalled Safestrap a couple of times.

HELP!

Kaze105
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Safestrap 3.65 is for MF3 or 4.2.2. The rom above is for MK2 or 4.3.

John The Rhino
Old
(Last edited by John The Rhino; 20th February 2014 at 05:15 PM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackXLR8 View Post
I recently had some problems with being stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy S4" splash screen. Everything was fixed once I installed the .Tar files and can now go into the stock rom with ease. I rooted it again, and with Safestrap 3.6.5 it shows that DARTHSTALKER X1 is successful in installing but when I reboot it after Safestrap says "success" it goes form the "Samsung Galaxy S4" plash screen to a blank/black screen and the blue indicator lighter turns on. I've wiped the Rom slot1 (dalvik, system, data, cashe, etc). And i've deleted the ROM slot too and installed it again but it has not worked.
I was using the previous version of DARTHSTALKER but wanted more room and that is when my phone was stuck on the splash screen. I dont know what to do, maybe its the new ROM build or something messed up. Maybe i need a hard reset or im misssing a kernal? I need help guys. It still boots up to the stock ROM easily, but I dont know how to make it work. I've tried wiping it and reinstalling it about 5 times. I've also reinstalled Safestrap a couple of times.

HELP!

You are using the wrong version of Safestrap. 3.71 is for mk2. 3.65 is for mf3.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448925

BlackXLR8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze105 View Post
That makes a lot more sense. Thank you. I thought I had completely messed up my phone and couldnt flash any other rom.

BlackXLR8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze105 View Post
That makes a lot more sense. Thank you. I thought I had completely messed up my phone and couldnt flash any other rom. You wouldnt happen to know how I could flash that ROM onto my S4? or where I could download the right files?

torrentsoo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
if you're on MK2 this is the post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221
you could also look around on the dev's section, just make sure you flash the correct rom for the correct version.
The Following User Says Thank You to torrentsoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hajtla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help

hello I have got a problem a rooted phone, then instal savestrap 3.6.5 with packman KK 4.4 everything was ok but i wanted to delete the rest of data in phone. But i checked delete system data so the phone is now in a starting loop. With dead droid robot on screan. Is any way how to force the system into the phone?
Or do I have to put it in to the service?
Or it is completely dead?

Thanx for help. Dave

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajtla View Post
hello I have got a problem a rooted phone, then instal savestrap 3.6.5 with packman KK 4.4 everything was ok but i wanted to delete the rest of data in phone. But i checked delete system data so the phone is now in a starting loop. With dead droid robot on screan. Is any way how to force the system into the phone?
Or do I have to put it in to the service?
Or it is completely dead?

Thanx for help. Dave
Do you have a rom you can flash in safe strap?

Sent from my Nexus 5

hajtla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Do you have a rom you can flash in safe strap?

Sent from my Nexus 5
I have a rom which one was working as the latest one. But I have no official because it was on SD which is now deleted....I dont know save strap as PC program, only as andorid app....
I will very appreciate the manual how to get force the system...

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajtla View Post
I have a rom which one was working as the latest one. But I have no official because it was on SD which is now deleted....I dont know save strap as PC program, only as andorid app....
I will very appreciate the manual how to get force the system...
Have you ever used adb? Google that and how to set it up on your pc. Then use adb push rom.zip /sdcard/

Sent from my Nexus 5