ATT OTA 4.3 rooted, but still need unlock
I swtiched to t-mobile from ATT, expecting that I can call ATT and get an unlock code fast. However, they moved to some stupid online unlock code request method, which after 5 days, has not resulted in any more than "we are currently working on it."
So after reading more and more about unlocking my S3, it seems like everyone is having problems unlocking 4.3, and there's talk about how a firmware downgrade or root will brick a OTA 4.3 phone.
My phone is now rooted with a custom bootloader, all done AFTER upgrading to OTA 4.3. not sure if it'll help anyone out, but here's what I did:
1. started with official att 4.2 rom installed, completely stock phone.
2. tried the debug menu sim unlock method, did not have the appropriate menu, someone suggested to upgrade to latest firmware.
3. upgraded to OTA 4.3
4. tried debug sim unlock, still no initializ option
5. Installed custom recovery via odin
6. Did not install due to recovery/bootloader override files in 4.3 rom, also could not rename/delete these files
7. Used CF-auto-root to root phone, using the latest odin, NOT 1.85 as linked in the CF-auto-root thread
8. Used the samsung toolbox and flashed touch recovery
9. Updated SuperSU to latest version using apk file, backed up relevant data using Titanium, disabled KNOX, etc.
10. Loaded StockMOD ROM | AT&T 4.3 UCUEMJ2 onto SD card, and flashed new rom using touch recovery
*I was trying a ton of things last night, so there may have been an omitted step here, but this is essentially what I did.
Phone now rooted and running StockMOD 4.3 with no problems.
BUT IT'S STILL SIM LOCKED!!
<- need help with this