Phone [TUTORIAL][GUIDE] Get Apps to SD Card L9

OP aaron2z

6th October 2013, 09:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 17

9 posts
More
This is obviously the most frustrating thing that we all want to do on the L9 (I have the P769 v20h T-Mobile ROOTED). This should work on all L9's. After tons of research I finally figured out a working method through multiple threads. There's methods with DirectoryBind and BusyBox scripts to mount but those were honestly confusing to me and I didn't understand how to operate those.

First off your phone MUST BE ROOTED. If your phone is not rooted here is a thread that will explain to you how to root, the software is chinese but I promise you it works.

Required Items:
  • Rooted L9
  • SD Card

Steps:
1.) I repeat you MUST be rooted
2.) Backup your SD cards files on your computer because you will be formatting the SD card.
3.) We must partition the SD Card into two parts. You can do this by downloading any SD card partitioner app but I used AParted.
3a.) Before you can do anything in the "Aparted" app you have to unmount your SD card. You can do this by going to your system settings. Then go to "Storage" then down at the bottom you will see "Unmount SD Card". Click that.
3b.) Now go into AParted. Click on the "TOOLS" tab at the top. You should only have one partition called "Part 1". Checkmark Part 1 and choose delete down at the bottom.
3c.) You now have a completely formatted SD card.
4.) Create TWO FAT32 partitions by going to the "TOOLS" tab at the top. The first partition is considered your SD card so this is where you would store personal pictures and music, etc from your computer. The second partition is where all the apps and apps data will be moved to. So make sure you appropriately size your partitions. Since I keep a fair sum of music I have a 8GB SD card and made the first partition 1.5GB and used the remaining space for Partition 2.
4a.) To make the partition click checkmark part 1 then click create. Under File System choose "Fat32". Make sure to only use whatever space you will need to store music, etc... Do this by changing the "Size" 1000 is equal to a gigabyte. So if you have a 4GB SD card then you can make this first partition 1500 or 2000 (1.5GB or 2GB) but you have to leave space. Now Click ok.
4b.) Now to make partition 2. Checkmark "Part 2" and click create. Under the file system choose "fat32" again. This time dont change the size, just use the remaining space that it shows and click ok.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-06-12-00-50.jpg
Views:	1922
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	2306952
5.)Now download the app called "Link2SD"
6.) Once you open the app it will scan a list of all your apps.

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-06-12-14-22[1].jpg
Views:	1287
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	2306959
7.) BE CAREFUL with which apps you choose to move, I would say limit yourself to only moving the apps you've downloaded such as ESPN, Netflix, Games, etc...
8.) Choose the program you want to move to your SD card, I chose Cut the Rope.
9.) Click the "Create Link" button

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-06-12-17-12.jpg
Views:	1332
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	2306964
10.) Make sure all three options are check-marked (Link Application Files, Link Dalvik-cache Files, Link Library Files)
11.) It will finish and you can proceed to link any apps you desire to the SD card, you can go into your system apps and see how much free space is available so you know it worked. You can see on mine I have much more than 339MB used.

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-06-12-20-26.jpg
Views:	1315
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	2306966

If this helped please give thanks
Last edited by aaron2z; 8th October 2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added unmounting and deliting partition steps.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to aaron2z For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2013, 04:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
nice works flawless
7th October 2013, 05:15 AM   |  #3  
Flag Olympia Washington
Thanks Meter: 51

270 posts
More
LGPwn works just as quickly and it's in English. Simple stuff

Sent from my Android powered coffee coaster.
7th October 2013, 09:06 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Phoenix

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingturtle

LGPwn works just as quickly and it's in English. Simple stuff

I respect your opinion, but the reason I did not mention LGPwn was because on the newest firmware update on the T-Mobile version of the P769 which is v20h (released September 13 I think) the LGPwn method no longer works and the Chinese software was the only root method that worked with v20h.
8th October 2013, 04:03 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
This looks pretty legit hopefully this works. Ive been trying everything to free up some space on this phone.
8th October 2013, 04:20 AM   |  #6  
Flag Olympia Washington
Thanks Meter: 51

270 posts
More
Weird. LGPwn worked on v20h for me. There are a few different models of P769s out there.

Sent from my Android powered coffee coaster.
8th October 2013, 06:29 AM   |  #7  

26 posts
I'm having some troubles here im doing doing what you are saying and nothing seems to work. Can you please tell me what to do more specifically because i feel like you are missing some parts.
8th October 2013, 08:26 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
So i have my phone rooted with LGpwn and ofcourse i tried it and it didn't work says like "Failure..."
So how do i go about to root with the chinese software do i have to unroot my L9 and how do i do that?
8th October 2013, 07:38 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Phoenix

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingturtle

Weird. LGPwn worked on v20h for me. There are a few different models of P769s out there. .

Strange... Well good thing it works on some models then, thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom28ito

I'm having some troubles here im doing doing what you are saying and nothing seems to work. Can you please tell me what to do more specifically because i feel like you are missing some parts.

Where is the problem occurring? The main part I'm missing in here is how to delete the partition. You have to unmount the SD card before you can perform any deletion of the partition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrx

So i have my phone rooted with LGpwn and ofcourse i tried it and it didn't work says like "Failure..."
So how do i go about to root with the chinese software do i have to unroot my L9 and how do i do that?

I feel like the same issue for you is the mounting. I'll edit my main post and add those steps. You have to go to settings>storage>SD card> Unmount SD Card. Then you goto the Aparted app and goto the tools tab to delete everything on your SD card. Then you create the two partitions with the free space
10th October 2013, 04:30 AM   |  #10  

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2z

Strange... Well good thing it works on some models then, thanks for letting me know.

Where is the problem occurring? The main part I'm missing in here is how to delete the partition. You have to unmount the SD card before you can perform any deletion of the partition.

I feel like the same issue for you is the mounting. I'll edit my main post and add those steps. You have to go to settings>storage>SD card> Unmount SD Card. Then you goto the Aparted app and goto the tools tab to delete everything on your SD card. Then you create the two partitions with the free space

I got it now. I did what you said and it worked now, THANK GOD now i can play the games that i wanted without worrying about space.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rom28ito For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread