Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] HKC P771A-P776A Root!

Tip us?

RawX
Old
(Last edited by RawX; 14th March 2014 at 03:06 AM.) Reason: Changes
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Guide] HKC P771A-P776A Root!

(WORKING ON WINDOWS XP 100% WINDOWS 7 DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK, IF NEED USE A VIRTUAL MACHINE)

Seeing as it was REALLY hard to find out how to root a HKC Tablet, I'll make a simple yet clear guide for all P77 models ranging from P771A through P776A.

First you will need the rockchip drivers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1352441606) After you download them extract the folder, inside right click the files for your OS and click install.

After you install the correct one for your OS reboot your computer.

Once it has restarted on your tablet go to settings and on the left bar at the bottom click Developer options > on the top now click the sliding bar that says off until it says on and click the little check box next to usb debugging, now plug your device into your computer via the usb wire and set your tablet down.

Now install kingo root (http://download.cnet.com/Kingo-Andro...-75996768.html) After it is installed open the program and follow the on screen directions, if all goes well your device will reboot and kingo will say it was rooted successfully, do NOT unplug your device during this phase.

Once it has rebooted and kingo says that it was rooted you may remove the device and now you have a fully rooted HKC tablet
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RawX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rombuster
Old
(Last edited by rombuster; 8th February 2014 at 11:12 PM.) Reason: typing errors
Thanks Meter 0
Default didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawX View Post
Seeing as it was REALLY hard to find out how to root a HKC Tablet, I'll make a simple yet clear guide for all P77 models ranging from P771A through P776A.

First you will need the rockchip drivers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1352441606) After you download them extract the folder, inside right click the files for your OS and click install.

After you install the correct one for your OS reboot your computer.

Once it has restarted on your tablet go to settings and on the left bar at the bottom click Developer options > on the top now click the sliding bar that says off until it says on and click the little check box next to usb debugging, now plug your device into your computer via the usb wire and set your tablet down.

Now install kingo root (http://download.cnet.com/Kingo-Andro...-75996768.html) After it is installed open the program and follow the on screen directions, if all goes well your device will reboot and kingo will say it was rooted successfully, do NOT unplug your device during this phase.

Once it has rebooted and kingo says that it was rooted you may remove the device and now you have a fully rooted HKC tablet
couldn't get driver to install. But first, what is the point of the Elijah drivers if my windows 7 of akready reccognizes the give as the p771a mobile device?

Can't install USB drivers with right click or with win7 device manager?

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Then king application doesn't connect

rombuster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm guessing that the driver is for the USB debug mode but I sure can't install it

RawX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
The drivers were hard to install on windows 7 I've been hearing, you can try to install them via device manager and then click search online then have cd and navigate to the folder and choose the right driver.

RawX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
This is how you do it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rock1.PNG
Views:	251
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	2571900   Click image for larger version

Name:	rock2.PNG
Views:	202
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	2571901   Click image for larger version

Name:	rock3.PNG
Views:	186
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	2571902   Click image for larger version

Name:	rock4.PNG
Views:	192
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	2571903   Click image for larger version

Name:	rock5.PNG
Views:	192
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	2571904  

Name:	rock6.PNG
Views:	203
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	2571905  

rombuster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
This is how you do it
I appreciate your effort in providing this answer. Unfortunately, after
some web research, it's exactly what I tried to no avail. The
driver would just not load and I couldn't even remove whatever
driver it thought was there in usb debug mode. I tried vista also.
same no result. I bought this cheap tablet just to play around
with rooting. I'll just chalk it up ti a failed experiment. The tablet
isn't bad as is considering its cheap price. I have other better ones.
Agaun, thank you for The answer.

rombuster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
This is how you do it
a final word. looking at the reply i didn''t do exactly what the responder recommended. I actually did a shorter version where i browsed the computer for drivers in just 4 steps. when i did exactly what the response recommended and arrived at step 6, hit next, i got a new screen listing rockchip device types, rk27, rk28, rk29, etc.. all double listed for some reason. I think the hkc p771a is a rockchip 29xx single core device so I tried the two rk29 listings. when those didn't work i tried all the others. none worked. always said driver was not for this device. Thank you bill gates for your incomprehensible os. but, really, than you again to the responder.

TerrenInc
Old
(Last edited by TerrenInc; 16th February 2014 at 08:10 AM.) Reason: update on rooting process
Thanks Meter 0
Default New RockUsb 3.7 Drivers Working

I too had no luck with the drivers offered with the guide short install or long i got no where so i went on a search and found these drivers do work just install with have disk,

now if i only can get kingo to connect any help would be great thx
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nc.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	2582179  
Attached Files
File Type: rar Rockusb_Driver_v3.7.rar - [Click for QR Code] (210.0 KB, 109 views)

rombuster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation nice try

Sounds like terrenInc is saying this driver will install but kingo still won't connect. Probably not the right driver for this function. Nice try though.

rombuster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default about this new driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rombuster View Post
Sounds like terrenInc is saying this driver will install but kingo still won't connect. Probably not the right driver for this function. Nice try though.
If that iis a correct adb driver (I couldn't get it to install), responder might try one of the other 1 click root apps out there like srss ti see if it will connect/work.