FORUMS

View Poll Results: Do you like the Gionee P2 and feel that its value for money??

Yeah,indeed!

22 Vote(s)
73.33%
No,rubbish!

6 Vote(s)
20.00%
Don't care/Don't know

2 Vote(s)
6.67%

GiONEE PIONEER P2(Rooting,Recovery, et cetra)

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By ShaurBhai, Junior Member on 5th October 2013, 07:11 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Gionee P2 ROMS-
->StockAOSP JB4.2.2 by AshuGite
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51279094
->Official Gionee ROM by AshuGite
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2628391

Recoveries For Gionee P2(credits to WALTON Primo F2 Solutions & Devs and Gionee P2 Development & Discussion groups on Facebook)
CWM Recovery-https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3sml2uhib892o7/CWM_recovery.zip
COT Recovery-http://d-h.st/IXg
CTR Recovery-http://d-h.st/COE
Installation Steps-
You can install Custom Recovery using any of the 2 apps you can get from the Play Store:

1. Recovery tools: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....recoverytools
A. Download the custom recovery.img file and place the .img file to root directory of SD Card(not in any folder).
B. Open the app, click flash other recovery, it will search and list your recovery.img file.
C. Select the file and flash it. The phone will restart into custom recovery.
D. In the custom recovery, go to power off. Then press Reboot System Now from menu. You will be asked- "Phone may try to load stock recovery at boot - Fix?" Select YES - Disable Recovery. DONE!

OR

2. Mobileuncle MTK Tool: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....toolbox&hl=en
A. Download the custom recovery.img file and place the .img file to root directory of SD Card(not in any folder).
B. Open the app, click flash other recovery, it will search and list your recovery.img file.
C. Select the file and flash it. The phone will restart into custom recovery.
D. In the custom recovery, go to power off. Then press Reboot System Now from menu. You will be asked- "Phone may try to load stock recovery at boot - Fix?" Select YES - Disable Recovery. DONE!

Note: Remember to Grant SuperUser permissions to these apps when asked!
Last edited by ShaurBhai; 27th March 2014 at 08:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShaurBhai For This Useful Post: [ View ]

6th October 2013, 01:23 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Root Gionee P2
The easiest way of rooting Gionee P2 is by using Framaroot app...
Click on SuperSU,then click on exploit Boromir..After that it would display a message telling to reboot...Voila..now you are rooted with the SuperSU app installed...
Try the latest version of the app(having exploit for mediatek CPU)
7th October 2013, 03:13 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Does this phone have mt6572 or mt6572W SOC? are these two different ? mmx canvas fun a74 has the same SOC.. but it seems to run games much better? same 512mb ram, 4.2.2.. so i was wondering if there is an SOC difference?
7th October 2013, 03:21 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
GiONEE P2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjspark89

Does this phone have mt6572 or mt6572W SOC? are these two different ? mmx canvas fun a74 has the same SOC.. but it seems to run games much better? same 512mb ram, 4.2.2.. so i was wondering if there is an SOC difference?

GiONEE P2 has mt6572W chip...BTW there are 3 models of MT6572(dual core)-MT6572(2G only),MT6572TD(TD-SCDMA for China) andMT6572W(WCDMA=3G compatible)..chip architecture and graphics (Mali 400 MP) are same in all three..
MMX canvas A74 and GiONEE P2 SOC'S are same!! Software addons make them different..
7th October 2013, 03:43 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaurBhai

GiONEE P2 has mt6572W chip...BTW there are 3 models of MT6572(dual core)-MT6572(2G only),MT6572TD(TD-SCDMA for China) andMT6572W(WCDMA=3G compatible)..chip architecture and graphics (Mali 400 MP) are same in all three..
MMX canvas A74 and GiONEE P2 SOC'S are same!! Software addons make them different..

ok thanx bro.. i thought the w- stood for a difference in specs, hmm.. so any idea what to do speed up games? btw how much free ram are you getting out of the box?because as far as i can see RAM is the only thing holding back this device...
7th October 2013, 03:49 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

ok thanx bro.. i thought the w- stood for a difference in specs, hmm.. so any idea what to do speed up games? btw how much free ram are you getting out of the box?because as far as i can see RAM is the only thing holding back this device...

Got around 230~250 mb free...
For free ram I use RAM Booster app..
BTW I checked it also supports swapping RAM memory to sdcard. So you can try swapper apps..
7th October 2013, 03:56 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

Got around 230~250 mb free...
For free ram I use RAM Booster app..
BTW I checked it also supports swapping RAM memory to sdcard. So you can try swapper apps..

hmm.. well i cant figure out whats wrong then.. i can understand mmx or someone rigging benchmark scores,..mm a74 scores higher with 41fps on nenamark 2... but if it was just the benchmark then ... i wouldn't have bothered... but they were playing asphalt 8 on the device with no lags!.. but the pioneer was showing lag with asphalt 7! confusing.. i wonder whats up..maybe the fps is locked on the p2?? any theories?

i wouldnt have bothered if it was just benchmarks.. but its actually showing a diff in games.. like asphalt...thats whats confusing..any ideas?
7th October 2013, 04:10 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

hmm.. well i cant figure out whats wrong then.. i can understand mmx or someone rigging benchmark scores,..mm a74 scores higher with 41fps on nenamark 2... but if it was just the benchmark then ... i wouldn't have bothered... but they were playing asphalt 8 on the device with no lags!.. but the pioneer was showing lag with asphalt 7! confusing.. i wonder whats up..maybe the fps is locked on the p2?? any theories?

i wouldnt have bothered if it was just benchmarks.. but its actually showing a diff in games.. like asphalt...thats whats confusing..any ideas?

can't tell...am a newbie..but maybe due to implementation of software..MMX is near stock android but gionee has customized it..the interface and all..try disabling the memory eating apps(go launcher etc. and use low memory launcher(holo,smart launcher etc)..
and use ram swapper app and see what happens..I don't have large games to test the lag..
7th October 2013, 06:29 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

can't tell...am a newbie..but maybe due to implementation of software..MMX is near stock android but gionee has customized it..the interface and all..try disabling the memory eating apps(go launcher etc. and use low memory launcher(holo,smart launcher etc)..
and use ram swapper app and see what happens..I don't have large games to test the lag..

well anyways you sound pretty well informed for a newbie, keep it bro . also how much did buy the phone for? here it is selling for 6000,
7th October 2013, 06:42 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

well anyways you sound pretty well informed for a newbie, keep it bro . also how much did buy the phone for? here it is selling for 6000,

I bought it for 5700....very impressed by the quality and the brand
7th October 2013, 06:49 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
GiONEE P2 Stock Recovery
One can access the stock recovery in the phone by the following steps-
Switch off ur phone.
Press volume down+power off button simultaneously.
Then you will see the android robot with an exclamation mark with "No command" written below it.
Press the power button and you can see the recovery menu..
But you can only navigate by volume down button,volume up is for selecting the option.
You can make a backup,install zip etc.
Hope it helps!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShaurBhai For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)