Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 37,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No way to access recovery menu in android china tablet

Tip us?

shihabsoft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] No way to access recovery menu in android china tablet

My Quest tablet is accidentally locked yesterday it asking for gmail and password but i forgot the gmail id and password.So after a long search i found lots of things such as unlocking tablet pattern lock,gmail lock,pin lock etc.These topics only be successfull only when the tablet is in recovery mode.So i tried to put my tablet into recovery mode by pressing vol + and power button.But there appears a android bot lying with red traiangle exlamation.So i simply tried to access recovery menu by pressing power and the vol + .But nothing happens neither than a dead android bot lying down with a red traiangle.

IS THERE ANYONE IN THE WORLD TO HELP ME!!!!.

chan.sk
Old
(Last edited by chan.sk; 3rd November 2013 at 02:13 AM.) Reason: Sequences might differ
Thanks Meter 129
Hi,

I have a Chinese one too. (Onda XV610W) and the recovery procedure is as follows:

Power + Home until first start screen (normal droid)
Release Power, continue to hold Home
Android lying down with red triangle and exclamation mark will appear
Release Home and quickly press Home again
Recovery Screen will appear.

In the Recovery Screen, the navigation keys are as follows:

Vol+ for cursor up, Vol- for cursor down
Power for Enter
Home, for Exit Recovery and back to Android lying down with red triangle and exclamation mark, press and hold Power to shutdown

In your case, I would think the Vol+ will replace the Home key. So for yours it will be:

Power + Vol+ until first start screen (normal droid)
Release Power, continue to hold Vol+
Release Vol+ and quickly press Vol+ again

Power for Enter
To exit Recovery, there could be a menu item EXIT, or maybe using the Home key. It is probably written somewhere on the Recovery screen.

The key sequences might differ slightly from mine, so you may have to be patient and explore a bit. Patience and exploration was how I learnt to do mine. Good luck.

akarora121
Old
Thanks Meter 0
To open recovery menu press power key vol+, VOL-& home key...........& then to navigate in recovery menu use vol+& vol-

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app

shihabsoft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Clearly noted

Hey guys thanks for the replies,But i have only vol+,vol-,power key and a small reset button inside.What to do and my problem is clearly noted in the question

shihabsoft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chan.sk View Post
Hi,

I have a Chinese one too. (Onda XV610W) and the recovery procedure is as follows:

Power + Home until first start screen (normal droid)
Release Power, continue to hold Home
Release Home and quickly press Home again

Power for Enter
Home, for Exit Recovery and back to Android lying down with red triangle and exclamation mark, press and hold Power to shutdown

In your case, I would think the Vol+ will replace the Home key. So for yours it will be:

Power + Vol+ until first start screen (normal droid)
Release Power, continue to hold Vol+
Release Vol+ and quickly press Vol+ again

Power for Enter
To exit Recovery, there could be a menu item EXIT, or maybe using the Home key. It is probably written somewhere on the Recovery screen.

The key sequences might differ slightly from mine, so you may have to be patient and explore a bit. Patience and exploration was how I learnt to do mine. Good luck.
Hai chak thanks for your reply i had followed your steps but no success only android red bot screen
The Following User Says Thank You to shihabsoft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Butlerpcs
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default SOLUTION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihabsoft View Post
My Quest tablet is accidentally locked yesterday it asking for gmail and password but i forgot the gmail id and password.So after a long search i found lots of things such as unlocking tablet pattern lock,gmail lock,pin lock etc.These topics only be successfull only when the tablet is in recovery mode.So i tried to put my tablet into recovery mode by pressing vol + and power button.But there appears a android bot lying with red traiangle exlamation.So i simply tried to access recovery menu by pressing power and the vol + .But nothing happens neither than a dead android bot lying down with a red traiangle.

IS THERE ANYONE IN THE WORLD TO HELP ME!!!!.
I've been going nuts with the same problem!

THE SOLUTION for me was, get into recovery mode ie Dead Android with red exclamation then : HOLD POWER BUTTON and TAP the Vol + button, it may take a couple of go's but that then displays the missing menu!!

You can then navigate using the Vol +/- and Power = OK/Select and complete you factory reset

I found the solution on youtube:
youtube.com/watch?v=O6zffLTrQV4

It drove me nuts for hours!!

Hope this helps you

Warm Regards

Paul
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butlerpcs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hingel
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butlerpcs View Post
I've been going nuts with the same problem!

THE SOLUTION for me was, get into recovery mode ie Dead Android with red exclamation then : HOLD POWER BUTTON and TAP the Vol + button, it may take a couple of go's but that then displays the missing menu!!

You can then navigate using the Vol +/- and Power = OK/Select and complete you factory reset

I found the solution on youtube:
youtube.com/watch?v=O6zffLTrQV4

It drove me nuts for hours!!

Hope this helps you

Warm Regards

Paul
Thanks a lot Paul, this worked for my Technipad 10 too.