Ask a question

No registration required

(Q) Apps disappear after fixing permissions

OP robinta

2nd April 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

87 posts
Im currently running Echoe Rom V13 4.3 and started getting issues with 'insufficient storage' on app update. The cure seemed to be deleting the duplicate entry for the app in data/app-lib.as the problem got worse I Eventually I re flashed the rom with a clean flash and all was good.

I had a few fc's on an app or 2 and thought no probs, I'll clean the caches in recovery after fixing permissions in ROM manager (as Philz doesnt seem to have a fix permissions option unlike CWM.
After this process I noticed 5 or 6 apps had disappeared from the phone completely. Strange. I'll just restore from Titanium. But trying every reinstall option and the app freezes.

Downloading from the play store brought the insufficient storage error back, but I could reinstall through My Backup.

So all ok now ? except going to update the new apps from Play brings back the insufficient storage message !

If I go into the app-lib folder these apps are showing 1 or 2 duplicates (I.e the file name with a -1 and -2 suffix. Delete these and reupdate and all is good.

However the issue then seems to 'spread' to other apps.

With hindsight this is exactly what happened at the start of the insufficient storage issue and the exact same apps disappeared. I really dont think its the apps in question (eg poweramp and Trustgo security that I have used without issue for years) but im confused as to what is happening and why ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread