FORUMS

[Q] Camera Issues: Skewed Images

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By Hubriss, Member on 30th March 2014, 02:20 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is it just me or has anyone noticed that the photos taken with the default camera app is a little skewed at the edges?
The camera is great for macro shots but when shots are taken from a distance, I can't help but notice that the subjects on the edges get distorted or stretched.
It would be nice if we shared our experiences on this. After all, this phone was touted to have the best camera at the time of the launch.
Thanks.
 
 
30th March 2014, 06:04 PM |#2  
GTARaja's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai, TN
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubriss

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that the photos taken with the default camera app is a little skewed at the edges?
The camera is great for macro shots but when shots are taken from a distance, I can't help but notice that the subjects on the edges get distorted or stretched.
It would be nice if we shared our experiences on this. After all, this phone was touted to have the best camera at the time of the launch.
Thanks.

yes ur right macro shots are awesome but normal pics clicked are blurred at edges..dont have a solution for it...
31st March 2014, 05:02 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Flag Amreli
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Any Alternative???
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja

yes ur right macro shots are awesome but normal pics clicked are blurred at edges..dont have a solution for it...

Any Alternative apps for batter camera results???
31st March 2014, 07:02 PM |#4  
GTARaja's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai, TN
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaushik89

Any Alternative apps for batter camera results???

ive used Lenovo Snap it and share it
2nd April 2014, 06:51 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja

ive used Lenovo Snap it and share it

I feel this may be a hardware issue and not just a software glitch as I have noticed the same distortions with the in-built Charm Cam App. It could possibly have something to do with the lens alignments or maybe it's just an isolated case with my phone. But I have no means to verify my allegations as I don't have another phone to carry out comparisons.
In any case, I request other owners to please share your findings with regards to the image quality on this camera.
3rd April 2014, 06:04 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubriss

I feel this may be a hardware issue and not just a software glitch as I have noticed the same distortions with the in-built Charm Cam App. It could possibly have something to do with the lens alignments or maybe it's just an isolated case with my phone. But I have no means to verify my allegations as I don't have another phone to carry out comparisons.
In any case, I request other owners to please share your findings with regards to the image quality on this camera.

The primary reason i found for noise is that iso gets too high in auto mode.it might just be software issue. But we dont have other phone with same hardware(OV 16825)
Since kernal sources are avilable i hope they provide some light

Also as the camera is capable of 4k@ 60fps i would like if some dev removes this constrain of 1080p@24fps

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

I took a 1080p video and found no distortion along edges this in theory proves it is not due to hardware problem i.e. lens alingment
3rd April 2014, 09:12 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 7
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajranger

The primary reason i found for noise is that iso gets too high in auto mode.it might just be software issue. But we dont have other phone with same hardware(OV 16825)
Since kernal sources are avilable i hope they provide some light

Also as the camera is capable of 4k@ 60fps i would like if some dev removes this constrain of 1080p@24fps

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

I took a 1080p video and found no distortion along edges this in theory proves it is not due to hardware problem i.e. lens alingment

dont know why peaople want a 4k video mostly dont have 4k tvs. even if you record with 4k it will definatly come shaky and we dont have image stablization in our phone.
3rd April 2014, 11:04 AM |#8  
GTARaja's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai, TN
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptiPrime

dont know why peaople want a 4k video mostly dont have 4k tvs. even if you record with 4k it will definatly come shaky and we dont have image stablization in our phone.

who said we dont have image stabilization...check the ov16825 details on website..it has EIS..i know its not that great compared to OIS or OIS+...and for ur question y ppl want 4k videos...they can record 4k videos which they can preserve as a memory for later on...why we click pics record video for capturing memory only na...i know getting a 4k TV is not easy as it cost too much...but if the system has the functionality why cant we enable it with the powers of devs...
3rd April 2014, 11:09 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 7
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja

who said we dont have image stabilization...check the ov16825 details on website..it has EIS..i know its not that great compared to OIS or OIS+...and for ur question y ppl want 4k videos...they can record 4k videos which they can preserve as a memory for later on...why we click pics record video for capturing memory only na...i know getting a 4k TV is not easy as it cost too much...but if the system has the functionality why cant we enable it with the powers of devs...

lets see wat devs can do
3rd April 2014, 06:26 PM |#10  
GTARaja's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai, TN
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptiPrime

lets see wat devs can do

was trying to compile the kernel using ndk and msm_8974.deconfig file....but no success
3rd April 2014, 06:29 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 7
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja

was trying to compile the kernel using ndk and msm_8974.deconfig file....but no success

maybe gionee itself give us what we want in kitkat4.4.2 ?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera issues in elife e7, gionee elife e7
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes