Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GAME] 2048 & beyond free

OP parakayjay

2nd April 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

11 posts
The most addictive version of 2048 games is here!

2048 & beyond is a full featured tile merging game that is both very entertaining and challenging to keep your mind healthy and wise.The goal of the game is to join same tiles together and get to the highest numbered tile as possible before all cells in the grid are occupied.

Swipe to move the tiles, when two tiles with the same number touch, they merge into one.

New feature: Twist! You can now use the in-device accelerometer, if present. When enabled from the "options" menu, simply twist the device to a specific direction momentarily to move the cells in that direction. Additional direction animation as visual indicator.

Features
  • The only 2048 version with the twist feature for gesture game play
  • Multiple grid sizes with individual play mode scoreboard
  • Option to use directional keys overlay
  • Simply fling on screen to move the blocks a certain direction
  • Online leader board for high score achievers
  • Continuous play beyond the 2048 tile
  • Share high scores with your favorite social networks
  • Unlock the coveted 1024, 2048 and beyond achievements
Enjoy!

Play Store Link: http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...entyfortyeight

Screenshots

QR Code

Game play video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWTkj_dcbsQ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	565
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	2664179   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.png
Views:	594
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	2664180   Click image for larger version

Name:	qrcode.21173513.png
Views:	473
Size:	530 Bytes
ID:	2664181  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to parakayjay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 11

74 posts
More
Awesome. Great job. Very addicting. I am assuming this game came out before 'Threes!'? And here I am tweeting the devs telling them how fascinating of a game they made. Its nothing more than a fancy clone apparently...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th April 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

38 posts
Thumbs up Saving a game
Great App, but is there a way to save a current game so that you don't lose your position if turning off or restarting the phone?
6th April 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #4  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 48

57 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Nice alternative to the real game
7th April 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #5  
Flag Regina
Thanks Meter: 6

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD14

Awesome. Great job. Very addicting. I am assuming this game came out before 'Threes!'? And here I am tweeting the devs telling them how fascinating of a game they made. Its nothing more than a fancy clone apparently...

Just because I've been a little miffed about all this confusion surrounding this issue I'd just like to point out that Threes came out first and 2048 is a clone of 1024 which the 2048 dev made without knowledge of Threes. You can read this if you'd like. It really shows the effort that the Threes dev team put into this game only to have it cloned within days of release. http://asherv.com/threes/threemails/
7th April 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #6  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 11

74 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariasmith

Just because I've been a little miffed about all this confusion surrounding this issue I'd just like to point out that Threes came out first and 2048 is a clone of 1024 which the 2048 dev made without knowledge of Threes. You can read this if you'd like. It really shows the effort that the Threes dev team put into this game only to have it cloned within days of release. http://asherv.com/threes/threemails/

Oh wow. How wild.
Never would of guessed. Surprised there wasn't a big ordeal.
Either way. I have both on my device. They are both great. And don't see either being any better or any worse. Seriously both are very fun games.

18th April 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

27 posts
Swipe recognition
I have constantly problem with swipe recognition. Usually several times a game the gems are moved to improper side. I am playing on tablet.

Did anybody mentioned this behavior?
18th April 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfiftysix

Great App, but is there a way to save a current game so that you don't lose your position if turning off or restarting the phone?

The update released is now able to save when the user quits the game in progress and an option to resume game in the main screen.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2048, brain teasers, gabriele, math game, puzzle
Previous Thread Next Thread