FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[GAME] 2048 & beyond free

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 8
 
By parakayjay, Junior Member on 2nd April 2014, 12:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
The most addictive version of 2048 games is here!

2048 & beyond is a full featured tile merging game that is both very entertaining and challenging to keep your mind healthy and wise.The goal of the game is to join same tiles together and get to the highest numbered tile as possible before all cells in the grid are occupied.

Swipe to move the tiles, when two tiles with the same number touch, they merge into one.

New feature: Twist! You can now use the in-device accelerometer, if present. When enabled from the "options" menu, simply twist the device to a specific direction momentarily to move the cells in that direction. Additional direction animation as visual indicator.

Features
  • The only 2048 version with the twist feature for gesture game play
  • Multiple grid sizes with individual play mode scoreboard
  • Option to use directional keys overlay
  • Simply fling on screen to move the blocks a certain direction
  • Online leader board for high score achievers
  • Continuous play beyond the 2048 tile
  • Share high scores with your favorite social networks
  • Unlock the coveted 1024, 2048 and beyond achievements
Enjoy!

Play Store Link: http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...entyfortyeight

Screenshots



QR Code


Game play video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWTkj_dcbsQ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	569
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	2664179   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.png
Views:	598
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	2664180   Click image for larger version

Name:	qrcode.21173513.png
Views:	477
Size:	530 Bytes
ID:	2664181  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to parakayjay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
6th April 2014, 05:33 AM |#2  
CJD14's Avatar
Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Awesome. Great job. Very addicting. I am assuming this game came out before 'Threes!'? And here I am tweeting the devs telling them how fascinating of a game they made. Its nothing more than a fancy clone apparently...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th April 2014, 05:37 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Thumbs up Saving a game
Great App, but is there a way to save a current game so that you don't lose your position if turning off or restarting the phone?
6th April 2014, 07:05 PM |#4  
SkTfn's Avatar
Member
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Nice alternative to the real game
7th April 2014, 12:33 AM |#5  
Zachariasmith's Avatar
Member
Flag Regina
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD14

Awesome. Great job. Very addicting. I am assuming this game came out before 'Threes!'? And here I am tweeting the devs telling them how fascinating of a game they made. Its nothing more than a fancy clone apparently...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just because I've been a little miffed about all this confusion surrounding this issue I'd just like to point out that Threes came out first and 2048 is a clone of 1024 which the 2048 dev made without knowledge of Threes. You can read this if you'd like. It really shows the effort that the Threes dev team put into this game only to have it cloned within days of release. http://asherv.com/threes/threemails/
7th April 2014, 12:56 AM |#6  
CJD14's Avatar
Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariasmith

Just because I've been a little miffed about all this confusion surrounding this issue I'd just like to point out that Threes came out first and 2048 is a clone of 1024 which the 2048 dev made without knowledge of Threes. You can read this if you'd like. It really shows the effort that the Threes dev team put into this game only to have it cloned within days of release. http://asherv.com/threes/threemails/

Oh wow. How wild.
Never would of guessed. Surprised there wasn't a big ordeal.
Either way. I have both on my device. They are both great. And don't see either being any better or any worse. Seriously both are very fun games.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th April 2014, 05:09 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Swipe recognition
I have constantly problem with swipe recognition. Usually several times a game the gems are moved to improper side. I am playing on tablet.

Did anybody mentioned this behavior?
18th April 2014, 01:24 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfiftysix

Great App, but is there a way to save a current game so that you don't lose your position if turning off or restarting the phone?

The update released is now able to save when the user quits the game in progress and an option to resume game in the main screen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2048, brain teasers, gabriele, math game, puzzle
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes